Viking european grand cruise

dockgirl

Hello,

we are staying in amsterdam a few days prior to our cruise, has anyone rented a houseboat in amsterdam. My second question , would a pre cruise package with the cruise line be more cost effective than doing hotel and transfers on your own. Need help dockgirl

European Grand Cruise, and it is rather expensive. You should get the pre-cruise price, and then go on Trip Advisor and look at the hotels for Amsterdam and compare. Don't forget to add in the transportation to the ship as well. Also in Europe, the higher the stars, the better--as the lower amount of stars, i.e. a two star hotel is not the same as in the US. Perhaps someone will post here with actual hotel names.

Thank you Caroldoll,

The hotel rooms are expensive, I will look at tripadvisor. The best price and accommodation that I have found is a houseboat 1 mile away from the city,which is not a long walk, but like you said you have to take into account transportation fees. Thanks again Dockgirl

Thank you Caroldoll,

The hotel rooms are expensive, I will look at tripadvisor. The best price and accommodation that I have found is a houseboat 1 mile away from the city,which is not a long walk, but like you said you have to take into account transportation fees. Thanks again Dockgirl

Dockgirl... we are booked on the Grand European Tour for May 20. We are staying in Amsterdam for 2 days prior to cruising.... I found a good deal at the Hotel Larende thru EasyToBook.com. When is your cruise??? I thought of a houseboat rental also for us but couldn't find any that were suitable for our partyof 4.

Good luck and Happy Cruising!

HI Jane1244,

I found the houseboats with http://www.iamsterdam.com website. It is a great site for visitors to amsterdam, click on visiting, and that will bring up accommodations. You will find many 2 bedroom houseboats that would suit 4. They are also a bit closer than the hotel you mentioned. Good luck with the search, our cruise is only May 11 2013. I'm just searching early and getting knowledge from great cruisecritic friends. Dockgirl

Archived