connecting balconies on Carnival ships

lobstertan

Does anyone know if it is possible to open the balconies of neighbouring cabins on carnival ships to provide a larger balcony space when travelling in a group? Particularly interested in Carnival Breeze although i realise it maybe difficult to answer for this specific ship until after June.

Does anyone know if it is possible to open the balconies of neighbouring cabins on carnival ships to provide a larger balcony space when travelling in a group? Particularly interested in Carnival Breeze although i realise it maybe difficult to answer for this specific ship until after June.

It is up to the Captain. I tried to do this a couple years ago on the Valor and the Captain(or so we were told) would not allow the balconies to be opened because it was so windy. Finally on the 3rd day the cabin attendant opened them.

First of all, Welcome to Cruise Critic! You will find a diverse group of folks here. Some very helpful, some not so much.

In regards to your question, many of the ships have balcony dividers that can be opened. My suggestion would be to request your cabin steward open the divider if at all possible. YOu may want to haunt any posts relating to opening dividers for the Dream or Magic as they are sister ships to the Breeze. We did not request ours opened, but if I recall correctly, they had the locks which indicates it is an option.....

Have a great cruise!

One reason they wouldn't open is if each cabin is on either side of a fire door. Unfortunately, the Carnival deckplans don't show these, so it's hard to know. By way of comparison, if you were to look at the Princess deck plans, not only are the fire doors in the corridors visible, but the first number (after the letter) in their cabin numbers change when you move to the next fire zone (B258 and B302 are neighbouring cabins for example, but there is a fire door in the hallway between them and the balcony dividers aren't allowed to be opened). I don't know of a similar cabin numbering convention on Carnival that gives you this info.

Archived