scenic oceanview cabins on the Liberty

aidansaunt2004

I am looking at the Liberty for a cruise. I know the scenic oceanview cabins with the large windows have been replaced by balconies. Carnival is telling me they still have "scenic" OVs but they have a standard window and access to a deck outside of your cabin for viewing. Does anyone know what cabins they are referring to? Does your window overlook the ocean or the deck?

We spend quite a bit of time in our cabin. I want to make an informed decision, not an impulse one.

I'm trying to find out if anyone has info on the current "scenic" ov cabins before I book one. I am specifically looking for info on the cabins that have a viewing deck. I haven't seen anything about these cabins, which is why I am asking.

I think that you may be referring to the 4j cabins. The inside obstructed views. Here is a CC thread that has some good information on this cabin catagory.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1576754&highlight=4j

Here is another good thread that has pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1500920&highlight=4j

:):)

I am looking at the Liberty for a cruise. I know the scenic oceanview cabins with the large windows have been replaced by balconies. Carnival is telling me they still have "scenic" OVs but they have a standard window and access to a deck outside of your cabin for viewing. Does anyone know what cabins they are referring to? Does your window overlook the ocean or the deck?

I have a link which shows the 2 cabins on the Liberty to which you refer. These are possibly the more expensive cabins on the ship as they not only have a balcony but floor to ceiling windows. They are cabin #'s 9199 & 9200 ( Lido Deck ) directly over the bridge and the balconies are on the outriggers of the bridge so you can actually look back along the side of the ship.

http://www.beyondships.com/CarnivalLiberty-Profile.html

We checked the Valor. The scenic rooms are already booked for the time frame we are interested in. The rooms above the bridge look amazing!

My husband likes inside cabins, but I like to see outside so I thought we could compromise with an OV. I've seen photos and videos of the old scenic ov cabins on the Liberty. It's sad that they were replaced with balconies. They looked nice.

The more I think about it, I think the cabin I was told about is probably obstructed. He mentioned it had a normal sized window and the cabin is next to an observation deck. I was hoping we would still have an ocean view.

We had an inside spa cabin on the Dream and we had access to an observation deck. We spent time there every day. It's like having one huge balcony :)

Archived