Cameron Reid

mommiemudd

Just returned from our cruise. We had a great tour with Cameron Reid. He met us at the cruise terminal. We visited many places, the wildlife reserve, Harrisons cave and other areas of interest. We learned so much about the island and the people from Cameron. I highly recommend him as a tour guide. We were able to get in and out of places quickly because he knew the routes the tour buses were taking and we missed all the crowds. It was wonderful!

We also used Cameron Reid tours (http://www.scenicbarbados.com)

We had a great time, and our guide made sure we got to Harrison's Cave ahead of the tour buses. We only had to wait a few minutes for the next tram and it wasn't crowded yet.

I also highly recommend Cameron Reid tours. He will put together an individualized tour for you if you have an itinerary of places you want to see, or will let the driver show you the "high points" if you just want a no-fuss island tour.

Becki

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We used Cameron for our tour off the Destiny on June 21. We asked for a private tour for me, DH and our 3 young children. He arranged for a driver for us at $100 for a 3-4 hour tour and said he would see us at the pier if he wasn't busy. Turns out he had no other tours that day so he met us and was our driver.

He was a very nice, professional man and gave us a lot of information about the island. He was happy to answer any questions we had. Most of all, he was very friendly and patient with my 3 kids. :) We told him we were especially interested in the Caves and Wildlife Preserve, and as noted in other reviews, he brought us to the caves first thing so there was not wait. It was an overcast day, so the views were not as impressive to me as our previous day at Dominica. By 1 or so, after the Wildlife Preserve, we were spent so asked to go back to the ship. He said no problem, but wanted to make sure we saw one or two more things, so drove us through the Botanical Gardens to see a bus crushed by a tree and through town to see the sights. It was thoughtful of him to make sure we saw the extra things, he could have easily dropped us right off since I was a bit naive I guess.

Any questions, just ask.

Mamaparrothead, our tour was a bit over 5 hours and we paid $125. There were 4 of us. Typically, the charge is $25 per hour for the car, not per person. We visited Harrison's Caves, Gun Hill station (great views from the lookout), Bathsheba. We stopped for lunch at the Round House near Bathsheba. Very good food and an absolutely beautiful setting. We also stopped at a hotel so that we could go out to the beach. Our guide was very good about stopping when we wanted to, for photos or whatever, and he took us past some local sights, such as the sugar factory, etc.

Becki

• 3 months later...
Just returned from our cruise. We had a great tour with Cameron Reid. He met us at the cruise terminal. We visited many places, the wildlife reserve, Harrisons cave and other areas of interest. We learned so much about the island and the people from Cameron. I highly recommend him as a tour guide. We were able to get in and out of places quickly because he knew the routes the tour buses were taking and we missed all the crowds. It was wonderful!

how long have you been waiting for him to answer you back?dose he take party of 8 ?Is it too humid in Harrison Cave?

thank you

Goldenbonny:

I e-mailed him and got a reply within 24 hours. Here is the text of his reply:

My tours are 3 to 4 hours, Us 125.00 dollars for the car which can carry 4 persons, and the tour is tailored to suit you (where , you want to go)

You have Scenic , Historical , Gardens and Rum factory. You can have a combination of all if you so desire.

Please note all places other than Scenic carries an entrance fee which you would have to pay

you can visit my web-site at http://www.scenicbarbados.com

Have a nice day.

Cameron Reid

Goldenbonny:

I e-mailed him and got a reply within 24 hours. Here is the text of his reply:

My tours are 3 to 4 hours, Us 125.00 dollars for the car which can carry 4 persons, and the tour is tailored to suit you (where , you want to go)

You have Scenic , Historical , Gardens and Rum factory. You can have a combination of all if you so desire.

Please note all places other than Scenic carries an entrance fee which you would have to pay

you can visit my web-site at www.scenicbarbados.com

Have a nice day.

Cameron Reid

THANK YOU!WE BOOK HIM FOR 3 HOURS TOUR FOR 8 PEOPLE ONLY 200$

HOPE WE WILL LIKE HIM:p

We have booked Cameron Reid for our tour of Barbados on Dec. 1st 2005. He was VERY prompt in replying to my email and also stated that he would take us wherever we liked.

PLEASE NOTE: He also quoted $150.00 for 4 people for 5 to 5-1/2 hours

AND " BUT WITH THE COST OF GAS SPIRALING ALL THE TIME, I CANNOT GUARANTEE THE PRICE WILL BE THE SAME IN DECEMBER..."

This is understandable and does not affect our decision to use him but just thought you might want to take into consideration.

I have only seen good reviews for him

Archived