Embarkation From San Juan, Puerto Rico Questions

Hi! :)

I have a few questions about embarkation from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

If the ship is scheduled to leave at 8:30pm, what time does boarding start in the day and what time would boarding end?

I was just wondering if I could fly in the morning of instead of flying in the night before.

Is Anytime Dining fleet wide? Would Brillance of the Seas offer it?

Thank You for your help!! icon14.gif :)

Hi! :)

I have a few questions about embarkation from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

If the ship is scheduled to leave at 8:30pm, what time does boarding start in the day and what time would boarding end?

I was just wondering if I could fly in the morning of instead of flying in the night before.

Is Anytime Dining fleet wide? Would Brillance of the Seas offer it?

Thank You for your help!! icon14.gif :)

I sailed Serenade out of San Juan last summer and we boarded around noon time w/o trouble. I'm pretty sure all aboard is somewhere around 4:30 (but don't quote me on that).

And, as far as I know MTD is offered fleet wide...but, I've only done the one sailing (we did use MTD) and are scheduled for MTD on Oasis this summer.

Enjoy your cruise!

The terminal will open around 11:30 am so you could board as early as noon for lunch. All aboard will be around 5 pm when the evacuation drill will be held. You can theoretically board later, but I wouldn't tempt fate.

We always fly into San Juan the night before, but it would depend on how many fallback flight options you have in case your flight is delayed.

We've done SOS twice and will be on Brilliance in Dec. for our 40th ann. We will be flying in that day. My husband cannot get more than a week's vacation at a time, so we have flown in twice in the past and will do it again. We usually board around 1:30-2:00 no problem. We take a taxi because it is cheap. Figure around $25 for two with luggage. That way you don't have to wait around for the shuttle to fill up.

Hint: on the way back, if you have a late flight,;) Barrichina's will watch your luggage for free/tip. They have great food and are the home of the pina colada. Fellow CC put us on to this. While on NOS a few weeks ago, we walked over to Barrichina's so my husband could have a pina colada while we were shopping.

Not sure when you have to board by the day of the cruise. But, above posts sound around right.

Thank You ALL for your replies!! icon14.gif

I really do appreciate it!! icon14.gif :)

I think my DH and I will fly in the morning of.

Coordinator23, CONGRATULATION'S on your 40th Anniversary!! love0060.gif

And, if we can we will check out Barrichina's!! party0036.gif

Just sailed Serenade last week (8:30pm San Juan departure). We started the boarding processes a little after noon and were aboard and eating in the Windjammer by 12:30. Lines were very short and the process was very easy.

It was announced that cabins were not available until 1:00pm (we didn't attempt to go before that)

The Compass listed all-aboard at 7:00pm (standard 90 minutes required by USCBP).

Muster drill was at 8:00pm.

We flew in the day of last May, we were busy getting married the day/night before:p That being said, we selected the middle of US Airways 3 direct flights that day. We felt that without a layover, we were safer, although we will probably fly in the night before for our 2013 cruise. Just depends on your comfort level!!

We have always flown in the night before as insurance! We sailed in winter and you never know when flights will be delayed due to snow storms. That being said, spring/summer/fall are not always safe wither. We flew to Florida for a vacation and had delays due to fog.

We were able to board the ship by about 11:30pm. We were on lounge chairs by the pool and at about 2pm the flights started coming into PR one right after the other and shortly therafter, the ship started gaining more passengers. We were very content knowing that we had taken care of our business before the crowds arrived.

If it means an extra day of vacation from work for you, yes flying in the day of departure will work...if you have the luxury of lots of time off...then consider flying in the day before.

We flew down a couple nights before and were very glad we did. Rented a car for the "whole day" in between flight arrival and ship departure day and drove to Arecibo (for the big dish) and Rio Camuy caverns. It was really interesting driving around in the hills and the other drivers were only midly loco. ;) We considered Puerto Rico a "port" worth touring just like any ship stop. Well worth the hotel cost.

Barrichina worked well for us too post cruise, for storing luggage, with time before we needed to head to airport. BUT... traffic in OSJ is so bad allow plenty of time to exit the area on way to airport. Not too far from Barrachina is a cool shrine and neighboring Pigeon Park.

I've sailed out of San Juan three times. I have always flown in on the day of the cruise, from NYC. I just get an early flight. I have boarded the ship between 12 and 1:00pm. On my last cruise you were supposed to be on board by 7:00, but we saw people arriving a little after 8:00 while we were having our muster drill. I agree with taking a cab. It's cheaper and faster than the shuttle.

Personally, I would never fly the day of. There are so many things to see/do in OSJ, and I don't want to worry about flight delays, etc.

Yes, MTD, is on every ship

I love going out of PR, by far our favority port to cruise from

Archived