Help with excursions - 2 older teens

srsh1

Snorkeling on coco cay would be the best IMHO. Shallow water for those that aren't the best swimming, lots of fish, with the opportunity to see stingrays, eels, and i have heard of small sharks. If you don't have your own equipment they will rent it to you for fairly cheap.

Hi, I'm going in 3 weeks!!! I also have two teenagers.....I rented a private boat to go snorkel, skim board, and tubing...it last about 2.5 hours.....its a flat rate for 3-6 people...I went thru a reseller...Island Marketing....

Will be on Monarch next month - have 2 teens (18 and 16)

Is it better to do snorkeling in Nassau or Coco Cay?

we went on Monarch a few years back- loved it!

I was a little disappointed in the snorkeling by the beach area in CocoCay ( on your own). My 3 kids hadn't ever done it before and we did the jet ski excursion on Coco Cay so we just floated and used masks to snorkel for awhile on our own a little ways out from the beach . It wasn't that great. Little clear fish and a LOT of weeds were all we saw. There was a group further out that seemed to have guides with them and I assume that was the excursion on Coco Cay. I would have thought that they would go somewhere further out to see the fish (hope they saw some) and such. I wouldn't have paid for that but my on your own wasn't great either.

I DO recommend the jet ski adventure. BE SURE TO BRING YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE!!! Younger kids can ride on the back and it was a blast! We rode as fast or as slow as we wanted (at times) behind a guide and went all over the place. My then 10 yr old said it was the best part of the trip and my 16 yr old loved it too. I enjoyed riding full speed over the waves as I laughed hysterically! So much fun

Archived