First time on the Dream

GAMOM4

I have been looking at various options for St. Marten & St. Thomas on the Carnival Dream cruise we are going on May 19th. We have never been to either of these ports...my DH said we can just get off the ship and wander around like we normally do...but I think if we want to really get to see the islands we need to book an excursion either private or through Carnival....what do you think? We are cruising May 19th.:)

Also do you know if you can purchase a day or week pass to use the pools that are in the spa area on the Dream?

St. Thomas - there is shopping right at the port. My plan next trip is to take the water ferry over to St. John (Trunk Bay).

St. Maarten - again, more shopping. Also going to head over to the airport and watch the planes land from the beach.

Two great places you don't have to spend a lot of money to enjoy.

We took the ferry to St. John's (Trunk Bay) when we were in St. Thomas. It was absolutely beautiful! We just got off the ship and found someone to take us. You can snorkel right off the beach. They have equipment you can rent but we took our own. I think there was a $5 charge to get on the beach? There are also lots of stores right when you get off the ship. Souvenir shops and expensive jewelry shops. Haven't made it to St. Marten yet!

I have been looking at various options for St. Marten & St. Thomas on the Carnival Dream cruise we are going on May 19th. We have never been to either of these ports...my DH said we can just get off the ship and wander around like we normally do...but I think if we want to really get to see the islands we need to book an excursion either private or through Carnival....what do you think? We are cruising May 19th.:)

Also do you know if you can purchase a day or week pass to use the pools that are in the spa area on the Dream?

Google Sunny Liston tours in St. Thomas. He offers a VERY FUN tour of the Island that includes a shopping stop, a tour, and a beach stop. Great way to spend the day there and get a little of everything!

You can do the same in St. Marteen .. one fun thing to do is go to Maho Beach where the planes land.

You can buy a week pass for the spa on the Dream. Passes are limited, so inquire as soon as you board!

Catrin

Definitely do Bernards tour. We liked it so much 3 years ago that we did the tour again this year. Just Google Bernard in St. Maarten. His staff is great and you will have a blast. You will see everything on the island plus two beaches. Watch out for the rum punch!!! ;)

Archived