Done the Jewel's All-Access Tour recently???

I'd like to hear from anyone who's done the All-Access Tour recently on the Jewel of the Seas. How long was it, did it include a sit-down multi-course luncheon and what were the gifts in the woven tote bag??

I've done the tour on the Freedom and the Navigator and want to compare whaat's offered on the Jewel before I decide to spend $150 for the tour...

I'm also interested in the answers from those who have done this...although not JUST for the Jewel. We were just saying that we'd like to do one of these tours on our next cruise and were wondering if it's worth the price. I have a feeling it's pretty amazing!

Yes, just did it in January.

Loved the tour, thought it was fantastic, especially seeing the crew quarters and how honestly our guides answered questions and talked about their experiences on board.

Luncheon - non-existent. We had little canapes in the kitchen, and champagne on the bridge and at the end in a lounge. Are they doing that on other ships???

Gifts - an apron and the tote bag were it for gifts, I believe...I'll double check with my Mom because I left everything there, wasn't anything exciting.

I can tell you the tour I took on the Freedom in November was fantastic, especially since it included a sit-down, multi-course luncheon after which we received a special menu signed by all the top folks we met along the tour. We received the tote bag, a decorated apron, ink pen, RCCL hat, magnet and some other little item that I can't recall at the moment.

My tour on the Navigator in December was good, but only included a 15-minute break for coffee and punch with cold pastries. We received the tote bag, apron and some other little thing at the end of the tour.

I contacted RCCL a few weeks ago to ask why the difference in the tours for the same price. (I'm trying to find out what's offered on the Jewel before I set aside the money to take the tour when I'm onboard in April.) The rep said RCCL was unaware the tours differed from ship to ship and would look into standardizing the tours fleet-wide. Guess this hasn't happened yet, or won't be anytime soon.

If the ship you're sailing on has a tour like the one on the Freedom, I think you'll find it worth the price of $150. If it's anything less, RCCL needs to hear about it and consider dropping the price to maybe $75 or $100 at most!

I'm hoping to hear from others who have taken the tours on other RCCL ships so we can compare notes....

Yes, just did it in January.

Loved the tour, thought it was fantastic, especially seeing the crew quarters and how honestly our guides answered questions and talked about their experiences on board.

Luncheon - non-existent. We had little canapes in the kitchen, and champagne on the bridge and at the end in a lounge. Are they doing that on other ships???

Gifts - an apron and the tote bag were it for gifts, I believe...I'll double check with my Mom because I left everything there, wasn't anything exciting.

Having done several free bridge, galley, backstage, and engine control room tours on various RCI ships, a tour of the crew quarters, plus an apron and gift bag, along with champagne and canapés doesn't add up, in my opinion, to a $150 value. To each his own, but I think many people can find better ways to spend that much money onboard.;)

We did the tour on the Radiance right after the remodel last year. The tour was great. However, all we got was a tote bag and a certificate with our names spelled wrong at the end of the tour. My DH loves to see how things work so it was worth the money to us.

I have to agree with B Mc. I also took the tour in January on the Jewel. There was no luncheon served, but we did get the samples in galley and champagne. We also recieved the apron and the tote bag. The tour was very interesting and I'm glad that I did it even if it was $150.00. However, I probably won't do it again unless I'm on one of the bigger ships. (Oasis, Allure). The tour was about 3 hours. Hope this helps.

Having done several free bridge, galley, backstage, and engine control room tours on various RCI ships, a tour of the crew quarters, plus an apron and gift bag, along with champagne and canapés doesn't add up, in my opinion, to a $150 value. To each his own, but I think many people can find better ways to spend that much money onboard.;)

Absolutely to each their own! I consistently tell people this was the best money I spent on the trip. Second maybe only to the spa. It was a "dry" trip for me, so compared to what I would normally spend on alcohol, the tour was WELL worth it!

Archived