Not good to check prices after final payment

Tweedy

Well.... here is my update (and I am soooo giddy!!!!). We have been upgraded to a suite! Wooohooooo!!!! This is my first suite experience and I can't wait. Boy will my mom be surprised. She still thinks we are in an oceanview cabin since that is what we originally booked and I paid the difference to a concierge balcony as a surprise and now we are in a suite!

I'm a little excited. Thanks for this board as I doubt I would have attempted to ask without the info on here.

That is outstanding news!!! I am so happy for you. It never hurts to ask.

Laura

Thanks for this thread Tweedy.... it inspired me to take a peek at our Century Alaska cruise this May 27th and guess what, a Sky Suite was just a bit more than my booked Cat so I emailed my TA and volia!

A couple of hundred bucks and also in a Suite!

It's our belated 30th anniversary (actually coming a few days after our 31st :o ) and the whole thing is a surprise cruise for DW. Thinks we're just hanging out locally for the week.

She is going to be sooooo surprised. :D

That is outstanding also. WOW, congralutions to everyone!!!

Laura

What cruises are you being upgraded on? How many weeks before are you being upgraded? Are you booking direct with Celebrity, TA, or what? We've been going on NCL lately, and got some nice upgrades (to suite) but they have really fallen in quality. Back to Celebrity, but not sure about their upgrade policy. We originally booked a panama cruise later this year thru them direct, but found a much better deal on an internet co that they wouldn't/couldn't match. Do you think any chance of upgrades?

We are sailing on the Century on May 20th... 55 days away. I booked with a TA. This is my first Celebrity cruise and so far, two thumbs up, and I haven't even stepped onto the ship yet. I didn't think receiving an upgrade w/o additional cost after final payment was possible so I guess it never hurts to ask.

Thanks for this thread Tweedy.... it inspired me to take a peek at our Century Alaska cruise this May 27th and guess what, a Sky Suite was just a bit more than my booked Cat so I emailed my TA and volia!

A couple of hundred bucks and also in a Suite!

It's our belated 30th anniversary (actually coming a few days after our 31st :o ) and the whole thing is a surprise cruise for DW. Thinks we're just hanging out locally for the week.

She is going to be sooooo surprised. :D

Congratulations to you!! You'll be getting on when we're getting off.

I have learned so much from cc. I booked a concierge cabin with no OBC with celebrity. Before final payment I switched to a TA & rec'd $275 in OBC. & after final payment , without asking, my TA called & said I would be receiving $200 back from celebrity & $60 back from ins 'cause of drop in price. Then last week I noticed the sky suites were down in price. And YES we got one for only $21pp extra for tips! Thanks everyone for teaching an old dog new tricks! This will be our 18th cruise & the only one I didn't pay full price, got OBC & a suite!!! And I owe it all to CC.

Kathie

I have learned so much from cc. I booked a concierge cabin with no OBC with celebrity. Before final payment I switched to a TA & rec'd $275 in OBC. & after final payment , without asking, my TA called & said I would be receiving $200 back from celebrity & $60 back from ins 'cause of drop in price. Then last week I noticed the sky suites were down in price. And YES we got one for only $21pp extra for tips! Thanks everyone for teaching an old dog new tricks! This will be our 18th cruise & the only one I didn't pay full price, got OBC & a suite!!! And I owe it all to CC.

Kathie

If you're like us, the cruise line gets it all back.....:p:D

Kathie

Kathie, that is fantastic!!! Enjoy that suite of yours.

Laura

Well.... here is my update (and I am soooo giddy!!!!). We have been upgraded to a suite! Wooohooooo!!!! This is my first suite experience and I can't wait. Boy will my mom be surprised. She still thinks we are in an oceanview cabin since that is what we originally booked and I paid the difference to a concierge balcony as a surprise and now we are in a suite!

I'm a little excited. Thanks for this board as I doubt I would have attempted to ask without the info on here.

Aren't you glad you asked us :-) LOL

Your mom will be so excited :-)

But beware, I've heard once you stay in a suite, you're never going back. I've stuck to verandahs so far because of that LOL

Just got our cabin assigned for our upgrade to AQ guarantee and we got lucky and have Solstice 1676 and aft balcony!!!!! :D Do they ever change them after they assign?? I hope NOT!!

That's wonderful!!! I do love those afts!!!

Laura

Aren't you glad you asked us :-) LOL

Your mom will be so excited :-)

But beware, I've heard once you stay in a suite, you're never going back. I've stuck to verandahs so far because of that LOL

Yes, very glad I asked you guys!!!

Mom's definitely going to be stunned.

Hopefully the suite bug doesn't bite as bad as the balcony bug.

Archived