iConcierge is available

Ask4Jay

Norwegian iConcierge is available. Downloaded my copy from the App Store and installed it on my iPod.

The only thing I was able to do is enter the departure date for the Countdown.

The various headings are:

Account Review

Bars & Lounges

Cruise Countdown (up to 999 days)

Cruise Rewards

Dining

Languages (English in my case)

Onboard Services

Onboard Shopping

Ports & Tours

Register

Spa

What's going on?

When I tried to register, I was greeted by:

"Welcome to the Norwegian iConcierge Register Feature.

Once onboard, proceed to your stateroom to Register your mobile device. WiFi network connection information is presented on your interactive TV's Register page along with your individual Registration code.

Once registered, you will be able to access all Norwegian iConcierge services such as shore excursion, restaurants, shopping and more!"

Entering April 11 was all I was able to do. Anything else prompted the "Welcome" screen to pop up. So I'll have to curb my enthusiasm and wait until I have boarded.

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

Interesting. I was wondering this morning if the rash of credit card information theft was related to people using apps of various types. These apps can save your cc information and are much less secure. I use my android tablet all the time, but not for banking or shopping. That I do from my computer.

I'll have to check this out!

Vic

I was on Epic last week and used this new app. The wifi is a very limited availbilty only for the specifics of this app. It is not used for any other app or features on your phone. The message section is only to send messages to your cabin TV and receive messages from NCL. It does not communicate between any other phones.

I was on Epic last week and used this new app. The wifi is a very limited availbilty only for the specifics of this app. It is not used for any other app or features on your phone. The message section is only to send messages to your cabin TV and receive messages from NCL. It does not communicate between any other phones.

The app is advertised to let you communicate with others who have the app on their phones. ?????

@wallis7219 -

That's weird. I searched on my iPod just now. By the time I had entered iconci, it popped up as the first suggestion. Hope the attached screen dump is clear enough. J.

via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332781922.495156.jpg.ff204bfc4d101a295196ba5e3797597d.jpg

learned this after getting very excited about the app and had already downloaded it! bummer!

That is a bummer. Not everyone wants to sail the Epic . :( I hope they expand it to other ships ( besides new ones) It looks pretty cool.

Hi

Ok I dont want to sound a bit thick, but I have tried searching for the NCL iConcierge on the App store from my I phone, and it just comes back with No matches.

Any Ideas?

It's US only. :(

I just had to create a new US account.

I heard from someone i know that works on a NCL ship there is a memo around saying fleetwide by christmas. Now if thats the final ship getting it before than and one at a time before. Who knows...

We are sailing the beginning of December. This could be cutting it close!

I used the app on the Epic last week too. Was very disappointed that you could not use it to communicate like they had originally advertised. Couldn't find enough other reason to carry my phone on the ship.

I completely agree. I didn't really find it very interactive. There seems to be so much they could do with this. They did say that they will send us an emailed survey. I hope so.

The app is advertised to let you communicate with others who have the app on their phones. ?????

I know. That's what I thought, too. All I can say is, it didn't have it last week.

Anyone know how to leave Wi-Fi on yet turn off the cellular connection on an Android phone? Considering taking my iPad since it doesn't have an active cellular contract but would prefer my Android phone.

Put the phone in airplane mode which turns the cellular radio off and leave the wifi on. You should be able to access from your "settings."

There is also an app that puts little "switches" on your screen to make all of this easy to do. I have mine on my first screen left.

There was a survey about the app on the TV in the room. When we got the info about the app on the ship they told us we'd get a $20 onboard credit for completing the survey but we only got $5 credit for it.

Maybe they only liked a quarter of your answers?

Put the phone in airplane mode which turns the cellular radio off and leave the wifi on. You should be able to access from your "settings."

Airplane mode overrides wifi settings and turns it off regardless of your wifi setting. There should be a setting to turn off the cellular network by itself.