Help ScubaGirl.....

GTO-Girl

http://www.bahamasforaday.com/Nassau_Shore_Excursion.html

What's your opinion on this?

Thanks a million for all the help you've given in the past!!!

The Paradise Isalnd harbour resort is a low end spring break hotel. It was supposed to be torn down a few years back.. miraculously, they are still in business.

The beach is small and on the harbour.. and surrounded by chain link fence, with debris from the harbour caught in it. At low tide, the beach nearly disappears.

Chairs are so dirty they stick to your towels, and the pool and hot tub are a bit too slimey for me.

Drinks are no name liguor, and buffet is run of the mill.

If your intention is to get drunk at the bar.. go for it.. if you are looking for a pool/ beach day.. go somewhere else.

The Paradise Isalnd harbour resort is a low end spring break hotel. It was supposed to be torn down a few years back.. miraculously, they are still in business.

The beach is small and on the harbour.. and surrounded by chain link fence, with debris from the harbour caught in it. At low tide, the beach nearly disappears.

Chairs are so dirty they stick to your towels, and the pool and hot tub are a bit too slimey for me.

Drinks are no name liguor, and buffet is run of the mill.

If your intention is to get drunk at the bar.. go for it.. if you are looking for a pool/ beach day.. go somewhere else.

This is definately NOT for me. I knew I could count on you for good info!!

Thanks again!!!

Scubagirrl:

Since you are such a wonderful wealth of info... can you give me your take on this all-inclusive day in Nassau? Thanks!

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauRiuResortPass.htm

The RUI is located on Paradise Island just next to Atlantis.. pool is small, but adequate, beach is the same as Atlantis and the public beach is next door.

You can rent jetskis and parasailing from the beach.

Heard the food is good.. haven't tried it. Drinks are plentiful, but there is no pool or beach service..

Easy to get to.. just grab a cab. One thing to remember.. the bridge traffic starts to back up around 4:30pm for rush hour.. After that it will take the better part of an hour to get back to the pier. So if your ship leaves at 6.. you'll need to leave the hotel at 4:30 to get back before traffic.

Archived