Entertainment on the Arcadia

Gath

My sister and I have just booked a trip to the Fjords on the Arcadia for our Mother but have been reading the forums which say the food and entertainment is not very good. We have previously been on several Thomson cruises were the entertainment was excellent - am beginning to wonder if we have made the right decision. Any information would be appreciated.

quote.gif

My sister and I have just booked a trip to the Fjords on the Arcadia for our Mother but have been reading the forums which say the food and entertainment is not very good. We have previously been on several Thomson cruises were the entertainment was excellent - am beginning to wonder if we have made the right decision. Any information would be appreciated.

quote.gif

With respect, i could read reviews on forums which say the entertainment and food aren't any good on ANY ship sailing on the high seas in the world, from a 6*, 5* ship to a Thomson or P&O or Cunard ship.....! There will ALWAYS be someone who didn't like the entertainment or food onboard and will rush home to 'tell everyone they can' on a cruiseship forum... Ignore, and perhaps read the good reviews on Arcadia instead of just remembering a couple of poor reviews you have read...

I've been on Arcadia 3 times, and she's fine and as good as any P&O ship in the fleet, and I've been on the all (Except Adonia), don't worry - go with reasonable high expectations and enjoy, don't look for faults enjoy!

We have only ever been with Thomson and were very happy, but are booked on the Oceana soon.

Everyone we've spoken to says that the entertainment is as good on P&O, a few people said that as the ships are bigger than the Thomson one that the production teams can seem a bit distant. On the Spirit the showlounge is quite small so you are really close to the performance.

I'm sure we will all have a great time :cool:

We have just been on Arcadia for 14 nights and we enjoyed both the food and the entertainment. There were some very interesting guest speakers and the production shows by the Headliners group were terrific. I am sure your mum will enjoy her cruise.

I recently did 31 nights on Arcadia from Singapore to Sydney and found it all excellent. I think the entertainment is great and nothing wrong with it.

The food is still great and its certainly allot better than the average lannd based restaurants. The Deck grill is 100 times better than land bast fast food equivilents.

There are cutbacks that us regulars will see and know compared to past years but it is still excellent.

In fairness there are people who say P&O's food does not compare to high end restaurants. I am not worried about that as it has always satisfied me with the choices I have made from the menu.

quote.gif

Bad choice do not go you will not like it:eek::eek:

Now, as a service to you, I could save you all the pain! Just send me your tickets and we will say no more about it. I will suffer on your behalf.:rolleyes:

Or you could have a look at my photos of Arcadia, see the links below.

Gan Canny

Dai

- go with reasonable high expectations and enjoy, don't look for faults enjoy!

NO!! - don't go with any expectations. This is the problem - people going onto cruises with HIGH expectations. Just take it as you find it - and ENJOY!! :) It will certainly be much better than living in a cave in Afghanistan :)

Barry

Archived