My wife is really starting to scare me.........

frito58

I am the one doing the planning for my third cruise (First time planning it) and my wife is not involved in the planning almost at all. I sent her to the website to pick out excursions and she picked out the exact excursion per port that I would have!

Now if you think that is scary, we will have our first anniversary on May 22nd...which will be four years after when we first met...

Our brains are on the same wavelength, have been since day 2 of our relationship...VERY SCARY (not for me or her, that way I know I am making the right choice for things.)

What really scares me is that while I plan this cruise from undisclosed location, Southwest Asia (deployed) over 7,000 miles away from my wonderful wife, she still picked out the exact excursions I was thinking I should pick any way...

...how is THAT for scary?

Ok this will be cruise 13 and due to some health problems , I had to go on disabilty, so I do get a lot of time to play on the computer and plan our vacations. She is the GM of a Salvage yard that picks up wrecked cars for insurance companys and she works quite a few hours. She doesn't get involved in our planning like she used to , well really not all. She is actullay one of those people , if you ask her oh your going on a cruise , What ship ? Where are you going ? She would have a blank look because last night I was planning some excursions and and was saying well I think I will book the Passion Island Catamaran through Carnival , what do you think , she was like , Are we going to Cozumel ??:eek::eek: I didn't know that we were on this cruise. Oh Goody.

Oh well after 30 years of marriage she does remember the important things. LOL

I do all the planning and my wife doesn't have a clue lol.

i ask her questions about where she would like to go etc she just says i don't care just book something and tell me where and when.

At least this way I get to pick where we are going.:eek:

Bill

Sounds like my DH. I do all the planning, even if I ask for his opinion, he tells me do whatever I want, cause my choice will prevail anyhow....lol. It is kind of nice, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind planning together and getting excited together.

DH thinks I am crazy cause I obsess with vacation planning, he is the type that does not get excited till he is on vacation.

You two sound like my BF and I. I have been planning all the vacations for years and he just... well... goes with the flow. It drives me nuts though, his lack of enthusiasm makes me feel like I'm "dragging" him along. But he always has a great time no matter what is planned.

I am the one doing the planning for my third cruise (First time planning it) and my wife is not involved in the planning almost at all. I sent her to the website to pick out excursions and she picked out the exact excursion per port that I would have!

Now if you think that is scary, we will have our first anniversary on May 22nd...which will be four years after when we first met...

Our brains are on the same wavelength, have been since day 2 of our relationship...VERY SCARY (not for me or her, that way I know I am making the right choice for things.)

What really scares me is that while I plan this cruise from undisclosed location, Southwest Asia (deployed) over 7,000 miles away from my wonderful wife, she still picked out the exact excursions I was thinking I should pick any way...

...how is THAT for scary?

No that just means you are soul mates :D But that is so cool.:cool:

My wife and just like the Paula Abdul song Opposites attract we are so different its wierd , but I swear we could finish each others thoughts or sentences.

I'm the planner and not that I'm obsessive or anything, but I do admit to researching everything to death - guess its just the engineer in me.

Prior to meeting me, my fiancee would always travel off the cuff and it took a few vacations before she saw things my way ;)

At least she now admits she gets to see and do more now and pay less!

I love this thread! It really hits close to home! I always tell my husband, it must be nice to ride my coat tails......he never has to plan a thing.

I tried to make him plan for our Europe cruise last year seeing he had been to a couple of the ports while in the Navy.....well a month went by and no new update on what we were doing....another month....no update.....I couldn't take it much longer......I didn't care we weren't leaving for a year, I had to take over and start researching on what to do and how to do it!! (Not that I wasn't already lurking in CC for those 2 months!!) :D

I love this thread! It really hits close to home! I always tell my husband, it must be nice to ride my coat tails......he never has to plan a thing.

I tried to make him plan for our Europe cruise last year seeing he had been to a couple of the ports while in the Navy.....well a month went by and no new update on what we were doing....another month....no update.....I couldn't take it much longer......I didn't care we weren't leaving for a year, I had to take over and start researching on what to do and how to do it!! (Not that I wasn't already lurking in CC for those 2 months!!) :D

I even switched rooms on our AOS cruise started a thread on that and she has no idea :D I booked an aft room 9690 then 1688 came open one day its an oversized aft corner room JS size , with a great balcony , have to figure a way to slide the extra cost by , but the CC people gave me some great ideas:p She won'e even know until we walk on the ship and be like didnt you say deck 9 and I will say NOOO I booked deck 10 geesh you never pay attention;)

I even switched rooms on our AOS cruise started a thread on that and she has no idea :D I booked an aft room 9690 then 1688 came open one day its an oversized aft corner room JS size , with a great balcony , have to figure a way to slide the extra cost by , but the CC people gave me some great ideas:p She won'e even know until we walk on the ship and be like didnt you say deck 9 and I will say NOOO I booked deck 10 geesh you never pay attention;)

I would love to surprise my husband with an upgrade someday.....but every time we upgraded I could never can hold in the excitement!! :rolleyes: Maybe our next cruise, I will lie to him and tell him about the room we got, but actually got something better!!

The DH and I plan our cruises together. It's just so much fun for us. We started cruising when he was 18 and I was 24 (yeah, I'm a cougar;). Although he doesn't go onto CC and once we decide on which cruise we're taking, I live on CC!:D

Divingmedic: You're a naughty boy!;)

I would love to surprise my husband with an upgrade someday.....but every time we upgraded I could never can hold in the excitement!! :rolleyes: Maybe our next cruise, I will lie to him and tell him about the room we got, but actually got something better!!

My only fear is if we would have to cancel for some reason , then it would break my heart , have this cool room , keeping this secret and if for some reason she would want to change the cruise , work reasons ,etc. oh well hopefully I wont have to cross that bridge.:)

Looks like there are a lot of us "over planners" out there married/with partners who let us have our days in the sun:)

I too am a planner and plan everything down to the minute and my husband basically wakes up each morning on our cruises and asks "so what are we doing and where are we docked today?" LOL, I always love it!

I am asuming most of us on cruise critic are the planners just by being here. We are the classic Monica and Chandler duos with our other halves being the Chandlers(I've been watching too many friends reruns) so GO TEAM MONICA!!!

Looks like there are a lot of us "over planners" out there married/with partners who let us have our days in the sun:)

I too am a planner and plan everything down to the minute and my husband basically wakes up each morning on our cruises and asks "so what are we doing and where are we docked today?" LOL, I always love it!

I am asuming most of us on cruise critic are the planners just by being here. We are the classic Monica and Chandler duos with our other halves being the Chandlers(I've been watching too many friends reruns) so GO TEAM MONICA!!!

LMAO I love that comparison, as I sit here and watching a Friends rerun :D Of course my favorite is she ask me something and I say thats a "Moo point " a cows opinion , now thats a team Joey:D

• 4 weeks later...
You two sound like my BF and I. I have been planning all the vacations for years and he just... well... goes with the flow. It drives me nuts though, his lack of enthusiasm makes me feel like I'm "dragging" him along. But he always has a great time no matter what is planned.

I am super excited daughter! <happy clap!>

[quote name='Tbay-eh']This gave me a chuckle as my husband is the one who pushes for vacations - be it AL or a cruise - he wants to do something or go somewhere and damn it we will. But I am the one who does the booking and then just tell where and when and how much credit card it going to be charged. Ex. In January I was out running around doing errands - stopped at TA and said what do you have at this place, during this time, at this price - I left 15 minutes later booked and paid for and to leave in 16 days and he is totally cool with that. Oh, the life of a newly retiree.[/quote]

Sooooo jealous to be a new retiree.

[quote name='jenale80']Sounds like my DH. I do all the planning, even if I ask for his opinion, he tells me do whatever I want, cause my choice will prevail anyhow....lol. It is kind of nice, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind planning together and getting excited together.
DH thinks I am crazy cause I obsess with vacation planning, he is the type that does not get excited till he is on vacation.[/quote]
LOL are you sure your DH and my boyfriend are not related? LOL im on these boards all the times just reading and planning our vacations and where to next all he does is Book. when i ask him what do you think he'll say whatever you want im happy with. :confused:hes excited about our vacations but doesnt show it like i do haha till the days get closer than he cant stop counting down! oh well:rolleyes:

I am the planner, but once the cruise is booked, my DH is researching ports, excursions, etc. For once I wished he wouldn't. I am hoping to upgrade us to a suite in December and would love it to be a surprise. With as much as he gets into the cruise manager on Carnival, I am afraid I won't be able to pull it off!!! lol

[quote name='babyher']MY DW is just the planner extrodinaire , and that is more than fine with me . She loves doing it, she wants to do it and she is damn good at it. So why fix what is not broken. :)

I just go to work and make the money (although she does too) and I come home to a beautiful home, and food in the house, and we go on vacations and get there and back in one piece with everything we need to bring.

I am happy , she is happy, the kids are happy , the dogs are happy. *LOL*

Who could ask for anything more ?[/quote]

[COLOR=blue]Haha, just showed your post to DH, he laughed because now he thinks he has a twin.:D He let's me do all the planning. I sit outside at night on here to read & post, usually with a cigarette and margarita:p[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]As it draws nearer to the vacay, he's like a little kid, he comes outside to join me asking questions, Who ya talkin' too?, Are you meeting anybody on roll call? Decided on excursions? Meeting anyone for drinks in the atrium? We had 3 different couples last cruise we did that with, it was awesome, now are good friends who vacay together outside of cruising too.:)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]I'll have to slip him some Tylenol pm the night before the cruise or he won't sleep a wink.lol ;)[/COLOR]

We cruise in 2 weeks and i'm not even sure my DH knows what port we are leaving out of :) I LOVE being the planner of the family, weather it comes to vacation planning, weekend activity planning or just deciding what were having for dinners for the week. I not sure what it would be like to just have to show up all the time, must be nice lol ;)

I'm the planner in the household. I do the research, check out lots of cruises, prices, airlines, using dividend miles, excursions, etc. and when I've narrowed the search to 2-3 itineraries, I present them to my wife. We discuss for a few days and when we are in agreement, I make all arrangements. I book the cruise, airlines, hotels, restuarants, everything. If we're flying longer than 3 hours, I make sure we fly first class. I do the cruise and airline check-ins, and make sure our passports and other important paperwork are in our carryon. My wiife handles all of the packing. She's expert at it and never misses anything. I have a word document that I update a few days before we leave that has all my clothing and other things I want to take and she makes sure it's in the suitcases. Works great for us.

My DH is so clueless that I once planned a week in New Orleans. Packed for both, got him to the airport, through security and to the gate on a pretense of saving our hot-headed daughter from security (because her suitcase broke is why we had to take an empty one with us). Finally as we boarded the plane he realized we were going on vacation. Gotta love single focus.
Libtrek

I have the best of both worlds. I plan and research for my family and BF and my sister plans and researches for her family. When we travel together we split the responsibility. So we decide where we are going and then take turns planning days. So everyother day when I travel with her I get to relax and enjoy a preplanned day and she gets the same. Our families do no planning at all. They just show up when they are supposed to.

Archived