Talkeetna river float trip at McKinley Lodge....

SheriNtexas

My friend and I are doing a cruisetour this May, tour part first...we are not scheduled to get to McKinley Lodge until 12 noon, yet that is the exact time we are supposed to start a river float trip that they had offered...obviously they know that we don't get there until 12 noon, or else they wouldn't offer that particular excursion, right? Will we have time to get our luggage and get it to our room? We just want to make sure that our luggage won't just be sitting around; that we will have time to get it, take it to our room, and then be ready for the excursion....does anyone know about this? thanks so much!

What raft tour are you taking, many start in Talkeetna, not at the McKinley lodge. Also the only way you would be going to your lodge would be if you were arriving by bus, which I'm assuming you are.

If your tour is available for you to book, then Princess will have you on this tour.

What raft tour are you taking, many start in Talkeetna, not at the McKinley lodge. Also the only way you would be going to your lodge would be if you were arriving by bus, which I'm assuming you are.

If your tour is available for you to book, then Princess will have you on this tour.

Well, i actually went and READ about the excursion:o and it begins and ends at McKinley Lodge...apparently we will be on a shuttle that will get us there and bring us back...so the float is actually 2 hours, and the rest of it i'm sure is travel time....sorry for not actually looking this up for myself...my friend and i have looked at SO much information that it has become a bit overwhelming!:eek::o

Well, i actually went and READ about the excursion:o and it begins and ends at McKinley Lodge...apparently we will be on a shuttle that will get us there and bring us back...so the float is actually 2 hours, and the rest of it i'm sure is travel time....sorry for not actually looking this up for myself...my friend and i have looked at SO much information that it has become a bit overwhelming!:eek::o

Don't worry the travel to Talkeetna isn't that bad. The shuttle drivers are entertaining and it's fun looking for moose during the drive that it really doesn't seem like an hour.

Don't worry the travel to Talkeetna isn't that bad. The shuttle drivers are entertaining and it's fun looking for moose during the drive that it really doesn't seem like an hour.

I live in West Texas, where the only thing to see is dirt and Mesquite bushes, lol! I think the drive to Talkeetna will be GREAT!! :D thanks!

Archived