Tell me about Solstice aft C1's

Puffinater

We had an aft C1 on Eclipse last year. The balconies are slightly wider but not deeper than average. We were booked on a lower deck - can't remember which one, but heard that they were overlooked from above, so managed to switch for one on the highest deck where we had some privacy and a bit of an overhang so there was some shade. On S class ships there is not really any disadvantage to connecting cabins because the only difference is that there is an extra door to the corridor. If you are not using the adjoining feature, this door is folded back against the wall, so doesn't impact cabin space at all. The cabin door does open inward which some people don't like, but it has never bothered us.

Sheila

We love the C1 aft cabins. Most verandas are the same size as the regular veranda cabins, but some are about 3 feet wider. We love the view and don't care if people are looking down at us when we are at the railing. M-class is a different story, but a C1 aft is the way we'll go on Solstice class.

our first aft cabin was a C1 on the Eclipse. Our cabin had the steward's cupboard next door to it so we had a balcony that was 1/3 wider than a regular balcony. We loved the aft location! People could look down on our balcony but we didn't care. I would take an aft cabin any day even with a regular sized balcony. We sat out there every night and watched the wake. On the first night at sea we had the Allure pass us at the same time the Epic was travelling with us. They were all lit up and very colourful. On our last night we saw other ships, we wouldn't of been able to see all that from just one side of the ship.

never had a c1 on the rear of the s class ship but they seem to be popular,

and allways seem to sell out fast and command a premium price.

have managed to book one for greek islands on equinox in september.

looking forward to it.

On S-Class I prefer the C2's on the slanted portion of the hump. Much larger balconies than the C1's, much closer to stairs/elevators, and no soot on the balcony. The advantage of a C1 in Alaska though would be it is warmer as there is less wind - but they are rather exposed if it is raining. Personally I'd take a C2 on the slanted portion of the hump over an S1. If this was M-Class much different story as the aft's on M-Class are MASSIVE!

Archived