Coconuts Waterside Grill (Fort Lauderdale) ?s

Yellowlily

We are planning on dining at Coconuts Waterside Grill upon the arrival of our upcoming cruise. From the looks of the reviews, looks like a place we might very well like. I called to get a reservation, but they only accept reservations for parties of 5 or more. Here are my ?s..

1. Anyone been there? Is this food spectacular?

2. We are dining on a Saturday...what's best, lunch or dinner?...am leaning towards early dinner just from the sounds of the gentleman who I spoke to on the phone regarding reservations. He mentioned lunch gets busy and well as dinner after 6 (maybe plan on dining around 5ish??) What are your experiences?

3. Transportation...we are staying on 17th Street. Shall we take Cab or Water Taxi? I am guessing the Sun Trolley does not go there, but not sure. Gentleman mentioned that Water Taxi stops at Bahia Mar (how far of a walk is this to Cocounuts?)

Any other input, I'd love to hear. Thanks for your help in advance!

1. The food is not spectacular but is usually very good. The view of the marina is nice. I enjoy sitting outside there. They have about 10 specials every day, so there is more than what you see online on the menu. For dinner, they specialize in barbeque grill paella.

2. Dining around 5 is good. We have waited for a table for an hour on a Monday night, so beating the dinner rush is a great idea. I usually go for lunch during the week and have no problem getting a table before noon.

3. The Bahia Mar water taxi stop is a few blocks away, an easy walk. If you are staying on 17th St. but not on the water you may have quite a walk to the water taxi. The Sun Trolley stops on A1A north. Coconuts is on A1A south, just a block west. Get off near Courtyard Marriott. Coconuts is on the other side of the hotel.

1. The food is not spectacular but is usually very good. The view of the marina is nice. I enjoy sitting outside there. They have about 10 specials every day, so there is more than what you see online on the menu. For dinner, they specialize in barbeque grill paella.

2. Dining around 5 is good. We have waited for a table for an hour on a Monday night, so beating the dinner rush is a great idea. I usually go for lunch during the week and have no problem getting a table before noon.

3. The Bahia Mar water taxi stop is a few blocks away, an easy walk. If you are staying on 17th St. but not on the water you may have quite a walk to the water taxi. The Sun Trolley stops on A1A north. Coconuts is on A1A south, just a block west. Get off near Courtyard Marriott. Coconuts is on the other side of the hotel.

I wanted say thanks for all your responses to various Fort Lauderdale inquiries. You always give great insight and direct relevant responses. Carol & I love Florida (we hope to retire there in a couple of years) and we have really learned a lot reading your comments. You are one of the reasons why we enjoy Cruise Critic.

We really enjoyed Coconuts for lunch a few weeks ago. I have photos in my Liberty review, in my signature. We got there in the middle of lunchtime (on a Wednesday), and didn't have to wait for a table. We were very happy with the food and service, and look forward to going back.

Will Coconuts be crazy on Good Friday evening 6 or 7pm? Bubba Gumps? I am guessing we are in for a wait as the casual fun places on the beach do not take reservations. We are driving all day from Charlotte to arrive at the Bahia Mar. Would like a fun place within walking distance of the hotel. Suggestions?

I wanted say thanks for all your responses to various Fort Lauderdale inquiries. You always give great insight and direct relevant responses. Carol & I love Florida (we hope to retire there in a couple of years) and we have really learned a lot reading your comments. You are one of the reasons why we enjoy Cruise Critic.

Thank you. That was very nice of you to say.

Will Coconuts be crazy on Good Friday evening 6 or 7pm? Bubba Gumps? I am guessing we are in for a wait as the casual fun places on the beach do not take reservations. We are driving all day from Charlotte to arrive at the Bahia Mar. Would like a fun place within walking distance of the hotel. Suggestions?

Get there closer to 6 for a shorter wait. For fun also consider the Bahia Cabana.

Get there closer to 6 for a shorter wait. For fun also consider the Bahia Cabana.

Thanks! I hope our trip will allow us to get there earlier. Is Bahia Cabana family friendly fun? We have our 12 and 9 year olds with us...

Thanks! I hope our trip will allow us to get there earlier. Is Bahia Cabana family friendly fun? We have our 12 and 9 year olds with us...

Yes, Bahia Cabana is definitely family friendly, and nothing wild happens before 11 PM in Fort Lauderdale. BC is extremely casual and non-pretentious. Just turn right on A1A from Bahia Mar, and you will come to it on the other end of the marina.

Archived