Where to stay in LA

We're new to this whole cruising thing. We'll be departing from LA (Vision of the Seas) in January. Where is everyone's favorite place to stay in LA the night before departure or the night of return? Where do you park your car if you drive in? No fair saying your own house if you live close.:)

Thanks for your advise!

Well I stay in my own house. I cheat! But I have been watching the posts lately and the consencious is to stay in Long Beach if you want to be near the port, but still have some fun things to do around you. (Long beach is about 45 minutes give or take depending on traffic to the port) You could stay at the Queen mary to stay in the cruise theme or there are a few other hotels that people have been mentioning. You can search the Royal caribbean boards for them or hopefully some people will post them here for you.

The Aquarium is near there and lots of shopping plus beaches to entice you. Wheter you stay there or not the Queen mary is afun place to tour. Ty the ghost and legends tour or just the selfguided tour. They have a nice happy hour in the bar there in the early evening.

If you have kids with you or you are just a kid at heart I recommend Disneyland. They are starting their 50th anniversary celebration in May and it is supposed to run until sometime later next year. Anaheim is only about another half hour (once again depending on traffic. In california everything depends on traffic and when at all possible use the car pool lane.) You are right here so you should make an attempt to be at the Disney milestone. Plus january is the off season so it shouldn't be as crowded.

Well have fun on your cruise and happy planing in whatever you decide to do.

Archived