Best online agency to book Costa Rica Land vacation

azcater

I apologize in advance that this is not cruise related, but I know as I have browsed the forum, there have been mentions of great online agencies and some of you are even travel agents, and I thought this would be the best place to ask. My parents want to go to Costa Rica for a week in June (flying from Seattle, the week of 6/20) and I'd like to help them get the arrangements made with a reputable company. Any ideas, I tried to talk them into a cruise, but Mom gets extreme motion sickness and won't even consider it.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Hi there,

Thanks so much for responding. Any information you can share would be great. I will definitely pass on the link you gave. My parents don't even know what part of Costa Rica to visit. I'm going to suggest they get a Frommer's book and do some research. :-) Here's my emai: azcater@earthlink.net

Thanks so much!!

• 3 weeks later...

And after months of searching and then booking we had a wonderful tour with Coach Costa Rica. There were only 5 of us but they used a Brand New bus/van. The guide was very knowledable and they seemed to do more land based tours than the cruise tours.

If you want more information -- let me know and I will post it

and yes, they are out of Puntarenas

-s

• 2 weeks later...

I have had so much help from others on different cruises, so am adding a company I've used twice for Costa Rica called Gaialink. I originally learned of them as they are raved about all over Frommers C.R. threads, their assistance was awesome. Some of the tours I was most interested in were not included in the package offers and we added an extension on in C.R. as well. They exceeded my expectations in finding lodging to match what I was looking for and connecting me with the exact tours I wanted....they have a web page http://www.gaialinktours.com where you can get ideas, independent, semi-independent, or whatever you want. They also have a contact here in the US who has helped me with both my itinery's, he's been to C.R. numerous times so he knows exactly how to help find what you're trying to pursue, all their staff has been great- Ralph's at Ralphie8853@aol.com Hope this helps, Costa Rica was wonderful and I can hardly wait to return- awesome activities- zip lines (canopy tours), white water rafting is unbelievable, horseback riding, everyone will have different choices. The people are nice, we had no trouble using US dollars and we were all over the place. Hope you have a great time!

Archived