Carnival Magic in Galveston?

jakeHOU97

Hey everyone.

We just got off the Carnival Magic a few weeks ago and it was probably me favorite vacation, ever!

I was wanting to know if anyone knows how long the Magic will stay in Galveston....we want to cruise on her again before she relocates, but we dont have the $$$ to go all the time.

Or, what is the average length a cruise stays homeported to one location before being relocated?

Hey everyone.

We just got off the Carnival Magic a few weeks ago and it was probably me favorite vacation, ever!

I was wanting to know if anyone knows how long the Magic will stay in Galveston....we want to cruise on her again before she relocates, but we dont have the $$$ to go all the time.

Or, what is the average length a cruise stays homeported to one location before being relocated?

My Magic will be here for a long while, you've got time ;)

Galveston is her permanant homeport, Carnival is here year round, unlike the other lines sailing out of Galveston that are only "snow-birds."

My Magic will be here for a long while, you've got time ;)

Galveston is her permanant homeport, Carnival is here year round, unlike the other lines sailing out of Galveston that are only "snow-birds."

Awesome!

Btw, it says on your signature that your going on the Magic soon. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing this little thread "back to life" :p

OK, so I found that the Magic will go into Dry Dock into 2015 to get 2.0 Upgrades. Do most ships get upgrades then leave to a new homeport on a repositioning cruise? Or would she stay in Galveston after?

Even if she does repositon, I still have 3 years and a possible repositioning cruise to cruise on her.

Bringing this little thread "back to life" :p

OK, so I found that the Magic will go into Dry Dock into 2015 to get 2.0 Upgrades. Do most ships get upgrades then leave to a new homeport on a repositioning cruise? Or would she stay in Galveston after?

Even if she does repositon, I still have 3 years and a possible repositioning cruise to cruise on her.

Normally, a ship will return to her homeport after dry dock but who knows? With all of the changes going on with ships and ports she may end up homeported in Nome!!!

:)

Normally, a ship will return to her homeport after dry dock but who knows? With all of the changes going on with ships and ports she may end up homeported in Nome!!!

:)

Host Mach, speaking of relocation, how does Carnival determine this. Do different ports/regions of the U.S. "take turns" getting a ship, or is about which ships make the most $$$ in a certain port.

Looks like you guys have enough sailings that you don't need to worry about the new loyalty program..Wanted to know how you like the Triumph ? We are booked on it for Oct 2012 ,and 2013...

Thanks! We're really excited!

Archived