Cantina Crawl in Cabo

xbatt8

Well, we just got back from our cruise to the MR. A few months ago I asked about doing a crawl in Cabo and got TONS of great suggestions and help. Just wanted to thank everyone and post the final itinerary that I used.

A couple of things about the crawl that people should know. None of the cantinas were "hopping" during the day on a weekday. Might be better during the day on a weekend. The daytime bartender at Rips doesn't know how to make a Rainbow Shot. Slim's Elbow Room ONLY has beer and tequilla shots (and not many beers to choose from). I hit 11 of the 12 cantinas on the list and still had time to get a massage before heading back to the ship.

Here is the itinerary that I followed:

CABO CANTINA CRAWL

Get off the tender and stay on the marina walk past Solomon's to the pedestrian alley. Be careful of the ramp, it can be slippery. You will come out on Marina Blvd. Cross Marina Blvd and walk up Vincente Guerrero about a 1 1/2 blocks to Cabo Wabo. Across the street is the No Worries Bar. This seems like a good place to start……. After that, cross the street to Cabo Wabo. They have an outside bar at the front door or you can sit inside. Nothing happens here until evening but at least you can say you had a drink there. Go out the back door (ask someone how to get there, you have to go up stairs and then down stairs) to a little plaza and have a drink at Rip's Bar (home of the Rainbow Shot). Good food at Taco Loco (next to Rip's). Next to Taco Loco is the Jungle Bar. When finished here, walk out past Taco Loco and the cigar store and turn right (you're on Marina Blvd now), walk about 200 ft and there's Slim's Elbow Room (don't blink or you'll miss it), when you're done there go out and turn left and re trace steps toward Taco Loco/Rip's but stay on Marina. Go to the Giggling Marlin. After there, go about 200 ft past Giggling Marlin and you'll come to Monkey Business Bar (bar is actually in a small plaza that you have to walk in to). Open air bar with about a dozen or so stools and THE BEST margarita's. Another 100 yards further down is Happy Ending Cantina. And when finished, if you want to grab a bite to eat before returning to the dock bars, Gordo Lele’s gets darned good reviews from most people and is located just about a block away from the Giggling Marlin. Just stay on the same street and go away from the water another block. Then it will be off to Captain Tony's at the Marina who boasts some of the best "people watching" on the Marina! However, there is also Soloman’s, Wamongos or D’ Right Joint instead of (or in addition to) Captain Tony’s.

The link below is for an interactive map. Hover the cursor over the buildings and info appears.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.882...1&z=16&l=0&m=b

BARS VISITING ON THE CRAWL:

No Worries Bar -- Cabo Wabo -- Rips -- Jungle Bar -- Slims Elbow Room -- Giggling Marlin -- Monkey Business -- Happy Endings Cantina -- Captain Tony’s -- Soloman’s -- Wamongos -- D’ Right Joint

Bob

You went to so many of our favorite, especially Monkey Business and Solomons! And of course Gordo Leles for tacos, yum!

You did alot in one day. I wil be visiting many of the same places in 3 weeks but I will have 2.5 weeks to do it!:)

Archived