Mariner of the seas - Sept 08 2012 (W. Med. cruise)

Swedish1976

I'm a 35 yo gay guy going to try to cruise solo for the first time. Western Mediterranean cruise, with Mariner of the seas, in September this year. I am a true cruise addict, like many others. :D I am super excited as well as a little scared. I have never cruised in Europe, even though I am European, and hope that I will not think there are to many annoying Italians since I am used to the crowd on the Caribbean cruises. Anyone with experience?

So, if there are others going on the same cruise as I am and is up for some company of a social guy at dinner, a drink or maybe a day in Barcelona, let me know.

• 2 months later...
I'm a 35 yo gay guy going to try to cruise solo for the first time. Western Mediterranean cruise, with Mariner of the seas, in September this year. I am a true cruise addict, like many others. :D I am super excited as well as a little scared. I have never cruised in Europe, even though I am European, and hope that I will not think there are to many annoying Italians since I am used to the crowd on the Caribbean cruises. Anyone with experience?

So, if there are others going on the same cruise as I am and is up for some company of a social guy at dinner, a drink or maybe a day in Barcelona, let me know.

I wish you well, my friend. My 2 buddies and I were going to book this cruise; however, we couldn't find the rooms we needed and they changed the itinerary a few weeks ago for one of the ports. We switched to a similar cruise on NCL for later on during the month. I believe you are going on Mariner of the Seas, which is a fine ship. It's not their top-of-the-line classes, but there is a lot to do onboard. Look for the little "FOD" or "Friends of Dorothy" card on their little bulletin board. I believe they hold the gathering at 10 PM in the disco/bar (Viking Crown Lounge). My buddy & I went nearly every night, but we could never figure out if anyone else was there for FOD. That ship also has (or had) another really awesome bar called the Dragon's Lair. It's got an old English/dungeon/medieval/excalibur them. It was growing in popularity on RC's ships, but I can't find it on the Mariner's virtual tour now.

Take care, and happy cruising!

Archived