storing luggage in Buenos Aires

mare s.

our cruise ends in Buenos Aires and we plan to disembark early and head straight for Iguazu for a couple of nights, returning to B.A. for one overnight there before heading home. (our cruise has two overnights in B.A. before disembark so we should have time to explore the city) My question has to do with luggage. We don't want to tote our big suitcase to Iguazu (and I don't think we can, given size and weight limits on the domestic airlines) So where can we safely store it? Will a hotel hold it for us if we drop off the suitcase on the way to the airport (if so, which hotels do you recommend?)

Thanks.

We are doing the exact same thing. Staying at the Marriott and they are storing our luggage while we peruse the falls. We'll stay there both for the night after we disembark and then when we return. The same goes for the Marriott in Santiago. We're flying in there pre cruise and then will be in Peru for several days then to return to Santiago. The Marriott will store all that extra clothing. Great service.

You are correct about severe baggage limitations on the domestic flight to Iguazu. I recommend you leave the heavy bags at the hotel you will stay at precruise or the one you will stay at upon your return from Iguazu. I'd be surprised if either didn't cooperate. Wouldn't you?

I will have to contact the Marriott and see if they will hold the bags for us...we won't be spending any time in B.A. after we disembark...just the one night upon our return from Iguazu...so we'd have to disembark, drive by the hotel and drop off the bags, and then straight to the domestic airport for the flight to Iguazu. Thanks for the info.

I will have to contact the Marriott and see if they will hold the bags for us...we won't be spending any time in B.A. after we disembark...just the one night upon our return from Iguazu...so we'd have to disembark, drive by the hotel and drop off the bags, and then straight to the domestic airport for the flight to Iguazu. Thanks for the info.

If you are staying at the Marriott for the night after you return from Iguazu they will definitely store your bags. I dropped off my bags there on my way to Montevideo by ferry. When I returned and checked in to the Marriott, they delivered my luggage to the room. Could not have been easier to arrange.

thanks dr dawggy....very reassuring. It makes it easy now to pick a hotel in B.A.....we are Marriott members, so everything falls into place nicely. Now just have to figure out the transfers from port to hotel to airport and the timing of our flight to Iguazu.

Below is the lady at the BA Marriott that can answer any questions. She is very helpful.

mariana.denis@marriotthotels.com

our cruise ends in Buenos Aires and we plan to disembark early and head straight for Iguazu for a couple of nights, returning to B.A. for one overnight there before heading home. (our cruise has two overnights in B.A. before disembark so we should have time to explore the city) My question has to do with luggage. We don't want to tote our big suitcase to Iguazu (and I don't think we can, given size and weight limits on the domestic airlines) So where can we safely store it? Will a hotel hold it for us if we drop off the suitcase on the way to the airport (if so, which hotels do you recommend?)

Thanks.

I've been in touch with a remise company in Buenos Aires who also offered to store our luggage for us while we are in Iguazu (they would be providing transport from cruiseport to airport and then, upon our return, from airport to hotel and again from hotel to airport the following day) Thoughts?

Archived