It would be nice, for once, to be offered an upgrade

racepoint

I've also been seeing posts that claim that NCL is no longer offering Haven upsells, because the people who've paid full price have their knickers in a twist that they're rubbing elbows with people who got a better deal.

That's strange. :confused:

I read this board every day and this is the first mention I have seen of anything like this regarding upsells. do you have a link to a thread where this has been discussed. I would be interested in reading others thoughts on this unless this is just your opinion.....:confused:

That's strange. :confused:

I read this board every day and this is the first mention I have seen of anything like this regarding upsells. do you have a link to a thread where this has been discussed. I would be interested in reading others thoughts on this unless this is just your opinion.....:confused:

I think the OP meant NCL is no longer offering upsells to the Garden Villas only, as was reported by at least three posters a few months ago. The Haven suites are still up for grabs!

One of the threads discussing the matter: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590743&highlight=gv+upsell

If this doesn't load, do a search for "What are the chances for upsell fairy to call???", last posted to March 10, 2012

Robin

I think the OP meant NCL is no longer offering upsells to the Garden Villas only, as was reported by at least three posters a few months ago. The Haven suites are still up for grabs!

Robin

:( I guess I should stop dreaming for that call. I would love to stay in a GV at least once, and I could never afford it without an upgrade or upsell.

i have 27 cruises with ncl, 74 total. One time i got an inside/balcony upgrade, got a few inside/outside upgrades. Couldn't care less. :) the cabin means little to me, what is outside the ship, does.

Having that cheap cabin to begin with is all i care about, and the ability to sail 4-5 times per year. :)

agree!

I had only cruised with NCL once before the cruise I just got off of. We had booked an AFT balcony on deck 10 (a year ahead) and I know that these are very popular. I had been watching to see what was still available in the suite categories and was not surprised when we got the call for a Family suite. Both my brothers got called, one in an inside cabin and the other in a balcony. One took the upsell, the other did not. I'm still not sure if their names were tied into mine or not. Seems odd that they would call someone on an inside and offer them a suite. Also, I met someone on the ship that had been watching what was available and saw something they wanted and had their travel agent make an offer (which was taken). So consider making an offer too.

One of the threads discussing the matter: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590743&highlight=gv+upsell

If this doesn't load, do a search for "What are the chances for upsell fairy to call???", last posted to March 10, 2012

Robin

Yep, my bad. I meant the GV. I can't keep up with all the name changes.

"Up-sale Fairy" for every cruise. The reason I believe is that we love the Aft Penthouse (SF) and have been told by our PCC that the SF's are among the most popular rooms on the ship. >>>>>

Both times we've booked an aft bal we've been offered an Up-Sell. We took it once to an Owners Suite for $$$.

Archived