Infant Pool on Carnival Dream???

KieransMom

All water areas require children to be potty trained. They are not chlorinated and use salt water. Many have recommended bringing an inflatable pool for babies!

Catrin

There is another post about this issue a little further down. I'll burst the bubble gently to you, the answer is no. No children who are not potty trained are allowed in any of the pools on the ship. The suggestion is to bring your own blow up pool that you can use.

The other post is probably more detailed and has more comments.

The beaches is fair game for swim diapers, but not the pools on the ship as they have rules that must be followed when filling and emptying the pools.

No ships have "pools" for non-potty trained children. Some have "splash areas" that are not pools.

"There are a few cruise ships that have pools with engineering designs that provide extra treatment, disinfection, and overall control of the fecal release anticipated by children in diapers. These pools have been reviewed by the V-S-P and are approved for use by children in diapers or who are not yet toilet trained. The ships include Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Freedom of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, and Oasis of the Seas."

http://www2c.cdc.gov/podcasts/player.asp?f=315241#transcript

That list may not be up to date. Allure of the Seas seems to have been added to the list.

The only official list of variances from the rule I can find lists 2 Disney ships each with a "notapool/wet play area" and 5 Royal Caribbean ships, each with a "Bably Splash Zone".

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/VariancesByTopicResultList_VesselGroup.aspx?SID=Ni40LjEuMy4x-4ihXAsTJceI%3D

I was on the NCL Spirit this past July and they had a completely separate splash/swim area for toddlers. It was located in the back by their kiddie water-park. I know for a fact because my then 14 month old grand-daughter had a blast there. I was very surprised to see a toddler pool/splash zone, as was my daughter, we were well aware of the restrictions regarding babies and swimmies on cruise ships. Luckily we had some for the ports. Keep in mind the area was small, and totally separate therefore easily cleaned if any accidents occured. I don't think any Carnival ships have a full scale childrens water feature so the lilkihood of finding a toddler swim area is not very good.:o.

The past few days have seen several of these threads with some of them getting out of hand. People saying all kinds of things. OP as many have stated on Carnival Ships there is no swim area that allows non-potty trained children. Straight from the Carnival website:

Use of the pools : Due to United States Public Health (USPH) Regulations, we do not allow children in diapers, in swimming diapers or those not toilet-trained in the pools.

Sorry but it's not allowed, beaches "allow" them.

Have a great trip.

Archived