Got My Final Call! Carnival Destiny 4/12/12

Got my final yesterday just as I was bout to leave work! Everything is just as planned, 2 hour reception in the Down Beat Lounge for 64 people. We have the Social Host who will play our CD's and make as many announcements as we would like. The only thing that was missed was they never sent me the cake form, so we filled that out last night and faxed it in this morning!:D

I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!! Finally feel like everything is in place! This process has been trying at times and my advice to any future cruise brides, leave plenty of time to plan and go with the punches. Some people you never expected to come will come and others you thought would may not. At the end of the day you are getting the wedding you dreamed of, surrounded by people you love. Can you ask for anything more?? I think not :p

I got my final call today just before I left work! We are getting married on the Splendor on April15, 2012. Its so exciting, going through everything with them made me realise just how fast its coming around.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

I GOT MY FINAL...e-mail? :confused: Seems that Princess is dropping the final call strategy in favor of e-mail. This could have something to do with the switch from TWE to Royal Oceans. Not surprisingly, the information in the letter appears to be wrong. I thought groom was to be at the ceremony location well before the start and it has him arriving at the start time for the ceremony. :rolleyes: I had to send it back to her and ask her to correct it. I hope things get smoother as this new company gains some experience with Princess. It's been a real nightmare working with them over the past few weeks.

Got my final yesterday just as I was bout to leave work! Everything is just as planned, 2 hour reception in the Down Beat Lounge for 64 people. We have the Social Host who will play our CD's and make as many announcements as we would like. The only thing that was missed was they never sent me the cake form, so we filled that out last night and faxed it in this morning!:D

I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!! Finally feel like everything is in place! This process has been trying at times and my advice to any future cruise brides, leave plenty of time to plan and go with the punches. Some people you never expected to come will come and others you thought would may not. At the end of the day you are getting the wedding you dreamed of, surrounded by people you love. Can you ask for anything more?? I think not :p

I haven't gotten my final call so I will call them today and find out what is happening. Yikes! I will second to leave LOTs of time to plan... I didn't. I had decided on a cruise and getting married in Key West but waffled between the Destiny and the Valor until the first week of February. It looks like everything is coming together, but it has not been as smooth. Totally our fault for not taking care of things earlier.

I also have people coming I didn't expect and I am missing a few I absolutely expected. The majority of my cruising guests are family plus maybe 8 friends (there are still a couple friends that are trying to make arrangements still so we may have a few more). My friend that owns a hair salon IS able to make it and will do our hair... THANK GOODNESS!!!! That was really the last detail I was trying to work out.

I have a local photographer in port but I am trying to figure out if I can hire a photographer on board just for a couple of hours for the reception and some shots around the boat.

Hope to meet you on board Jess!

Congrats cant wait to see pics! what cake did you pick? and are you bringing your own cake topper or are they providing one?:rolleyes:

Thank you! We picked mixed layers of chocolate and vanilla cake with vanilla filling. We have a 3 tier cake because of the amount of guests we have. I do not believe Carnival provides a wedding cake topper. I bought a Monogram 'M' from Michael's a few weeks back. I had a 20% off coupon and got it around $10. Not a bad deal at all.

I will definetly be posting a review and pictures when we return. These boards have been such a huge help for me planning this wedding.:D

Archived