FCC Future Cruise Certificate info *Disappointed*

westcruzer

I booked a cruise on Friday, March 16th and at that time I paid for the cruise in full because it is for a May 19th sailing...I didn't think about my FCC until the next day and I e-mailed my PVP and he told me he would take care of it - I gave him the number on the FCC and two days ago it showed up that I have a $100.00 OBC and $100.00 overpayment .... they said that the overpayment would be credited back to my credit card.

I don't know if they let me use mine after it was booked and paid in full because I contacted them so fast or if they just do that. But I am glad that they did accept it....maybe once they credit my credit card back I can purchase $100.00 more in OBC with it.:)

I think you were confused. What you explain above is indeed allowed. As long as you bought the FCC first, then later down the road you can book a cruise, then even a little later you can "remember" to apply the FCC. That's totally legit. Carnival has a record of when the FCC was bought.

What's NOT legit, is this: Let's say you've booked 2 cruises this year. Last month you booked one for April and one for November. Then, when on your April cruise, you buy a FCC. You can NOT then come home and try to apply that FCC to the November cruise you already booked a month ago.

We went on the Legend in October. While we were on it, our Freedom cruise was due to be paid. I actually paid it before we left, anyway, I bought a FCC on the Legend. Came home Sunday night and applied it to our Freedom cruise. Which I had booked for over a year. No problems!! Applied it online.

Within a day or two received confirmation it was applied.

I did ask my PVP if I could do this, she said no. But I tried it anyway and it worked.

I've used the last 3 FCC's I bought on cruises I had booked before I bought the FCC. If they are going to change that (and start enforcing the rules), then they might want to remind folks of that when they buy them.

Yes, I know it's stated in the information on the back of the certificate, but it also says that single occupancy only gets half of the OBC and that is no longer true.

I booked my cruise on the Breeze for Nov back in May of last year (and it was booked as a CC group cruise through Cru Con). When we went on the Freedom last Nov, I purchased an FCC. About a month ago I applied it to my Breeze cruise...no issues whatsoever. Purchased AND applied after the cruise was booked. You need to call and talk to a supervisor.

I did purchase $100 certificates through my rewards credit card once, and those DID need to be applied AT the time of booking and could not be used toward group cruises. So there are differences if you use other types of certificates...just FYI...

If you read the back of the FCC, it states clearly that it is for new bookings only. Those are the rules. True, you may be able to buffalo your way into getting it accepted for a previously booked cruise, but it is against the rules so if you find someone who will accept it after the fact, then they are either not knowledgeable in their product or are tired of listening to the customer complain! :rolleyes:

I think some are confused. The only rule (and even that they ignore sometimes though they are paying closer attention now) is that the FCC has to be "purchased" before you book. But, you can "apply" it to the cruie at anytime, even after final payment. I've done it. Even if you lost the thing just call CCL and they have a record of them. When you "apply" it after final payment, they apply it ALL to OBC. If you "apply" it prior to final payment, $100 will go towards payment and $100 to OBC (based on a 100/100 FCC).

I think some are confused. The only rule (and even that they ignore sometimes though they are paying closer attention now) is that the FCC has to be "purchased" before you book. But, you can "apply" it to the cruie at anytime, even after final payment. I've done it. Even if you lost the thing just call CCL and they have a record of them. When you "apply" it after final payment, they apply it ALL to OBC. If you "apply" it prior to final payment, $100 will go towards payment and $100 to OBC (based on a 100/100 FCC).

Hey neighbor!! You are so right.. Syracuse rocks.. Sad about the final 4 but there is next year..:D I was able to use the FCC after I booked.. Guess I better make sure I ask about it on our next cruise..

That is good to know....I hope they do apply the $100.00 that is showing as over payment to my OBC.

And yet, that's exactly what we did with no issue.

Submitted the FCC online on March 13th and it was approved March 23rd.

I have two cruises booked. I'm sailing on the "Triumph" in a couple of weeks, and I have a "Magic" cruise already booked for August. [Final payment is not due until the end of May, BTW.]

tncap --> I should be able to buy a FCC while on the "Triumph" and then apply it to my "Magic" cruise? (fingers crossed)

I've used the last 3 FCC's I bought on cruises I had booked before I bought the FCC. If they are going to change that (and start enforcing the rules), then they might want to remind folks of that when they buy them.

Yes, I know it's stated in the information on the back of the certificate, but it also says that single occupancy only gets half of the OBC and that is no longer true.

I purchased a total of eight over multiple years, and 100% of them were applied to sailings that already had a booking number.

The one and only time corporate tried to deny its use, I forwarded them a copy of the document I'd filled out with my name and a signature authorizing it to be charged to my credit card. It didn't say anything regarding not being valid on current bookings . . . in fact, that document stated "Book your cruise any time".

I also provided them a link to a posted YouTube video that showed one earlier presentation where their head trainer for the Future Carnival Vacation certificate program stated it could be done, as long as final payment had not been made. That video also assisted several Cruise Critic members, as well, before CCL made a 'little arrangment' with that poster to remove it.

Booked a cruise to Alaska last April 2011 for this August 2012. Bought 4 FCCs on the Freedom in December 2011. Just applied one to the Alaska cruise about 2 weeks ago. Done online with no problems.

tncap --> I should be able to buy a FCC while on the "Triumph" and then apply it to my "Magic" cruise? (fingers crossed)

It worked for us, and many others, that way, yes.

I have two cruises booked. I'm sailing on the "Triumph" in a couple of weeks, and I have a "Magic" cruise already booked for August. [Final payment is not due until the end of May, BTW.]

tncap --> I should be able to buy a FCC while on the "Triumph" and then apply it to my "Magic" cruise? (fingers crossed)[/quote

While you may be able to do so, the person accepting it would be violating the rules stated on the back of the FCC stating it is for new bookings ONLY.

Archived