Hey look, I found 25$ OBC!

To show our appreciation you can enjoy an exclusive reward when bring your friends along to experience their first Royal Caribbean International® cruise vacation.

Receive $25 to spend onboard for each stateroom your friends reserve on your cruise booked after January 21, 2011*

Here's how it works:

Your friend or family member must be a first-time cruiser with Royal Caribbean International.

The first-time guest must be sailing on the same ship and sail date as you, the member.

You may refer up to a maximum of 5 staterooms for any length of cruise. It's that simple!

I get that - but how do you get that??!

On your My Cruises section of the Royal Caribbean website, there's a tab for Bring a Friend. If you cruise with someone who hasn't been on RCCL before, you can get 25$ for doing so, and up to 5 stateroom referrals per cruise. You just have to put in their reservation number, name, and birth date.

After a year of convincing friends to join us on a cruise, (now leaves in 2 weeks), we thought we would apply... Why not get a free drink for the 4 of us to share..

The claim details would not get accepted on-line, so emailed C & A with details. Three weeks later got an email back saying have to call Miami to do it.. Called, and after about 20 minutes, was told that we were NOT eligible, because....

GET THIS...

We booked OUR CABIN over a year ago... before that deal was announced..... HUH?

Although friends just finally booked a couple of months ago, we worked selling for a whole year for nothing.:D

The half a drink that we promised them, was a promise.. We never break promises, so we gotta buy the drinks as well .. :eek:

Sue and Phil.

Hi William I read the rules for "refer a friend". Can the newbie friends be travelling with me in the same cabin? Or must they book a separate cabin? That part wasn't clear. I'd like a little onboard credit too. Thanks for any help. Mary Alyce.

Hi William I read the rules for "refer a friend". Can the newbie friends be travelling with me in the same cabin? Or must they book a separate cabin? That part wasn't clear. I'd like a little onboard credit too. Thanks for any help. Mary Alyce.

They can be in the same cabin as you. I got 25$ for my girlfriend going with me on the Monarch last year :D I think you just put the same reservation number for both yours and your guest's.

I jumped through hoops and scaled walls to get my friends info to RCI for this promotion only to find out we were not eligible because we had OBC from a promotion at booking. It seems you can only get one OBC per cruise...unlike other lines that allow more then one...

The final straw was I didn't find out we didn't get the OBC until less then a week before sailing...

I jumped through hoops and scaled walls to get my friends info to RCI for this promotion only to find out we were not eligible because we had OBC from a promotion at booking. It seems you can only get one OBC per cruise...unlike other lines that allow more then one...

The final straw was I didn't find out we didn't get the OBC until less then a week before sailing...

The terms say...

Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts.

I've never had any OBC from anything other than the first two and some my TA throws in.

We booked a group and it isn't available with that either. Although they said it had changed in the past and to check back. Since we don't sail until November, I will keep checking back.

Yeah, good point. My TA mentioned that on the phone, but it's worth a shot anyway right?

Archived