Funship Dollars

GAMOM4

I just purchased $50.00 in funship dollars for our cruise on 5-19 on the Dream. I put on there to post it as an OBC .... I did this last year several times for our cruise in December 2011. We thought about trying to put some money on the on board account each week ..... what is the latest week that you think we should do this? I don't want to cut it so close that it doesn't get credited to the account.

I just purchased $50.00 in funship dollars for our cruise on 5-19 on the Dream. I put on there to post it as an OBC .... I did this last year several times for our cruise in December 2011. We thought about trying to put some money on the on board account each week ..... what is the latest week that you think we should do this? I don't want to cut it so close that it doesn't get credited to the account.

2 weeks before your sail date is the cut off.

Does anyone know how long it takes funship dollars to appear as OBC? My fabulous boss bought me $100 in funship dollars for my birthday, and asked that it be applied as OBC. This was about a week ago, and it isn't showing up. How long should I wait before following up on this?

I just called yesterday to put our future cruise cert on our booking and was told they were three weeks behind on getting those credits added to bookings so you might want to go ahead and do what you need to do just to be sure you get them in time....

Kathy

My mom and I both bought funship dollars and put on the order to put them as OBC. I bought mine first, got an email stating they would appear 2 weeks before sailing, and I am still waiting to see them (we leave in 5 weeks). Mom bought her's after I did, got the same email, and hers were applied about 4 days after she bought them. No rhyme or reason that I can tell.

I was actually going to post a thread on a similar issue. How do you get them to post to your account as on board credit if you buy online. I did it on my last cruise and I think I had to put the booking number somewhere, but I don't remember. Do you put your name and the booking # as the address?

I was actually going to post a thread on a similar issue. How do you get them to post to your account as on board credit if you buy online. I did it on my last cruise and I think I had to put the booking number somewhere, but I don't remember. Do you put your name and the booking # as the address?

That is what I have heard to do, but I did not trust it, so I just called and spoke to someone to make sure it was done correctly. My OBC took about a week to show up on my documents...

I have always put OBC on our account, however, on our last cruise we went to get a drink only to be told to go to the the front desk. Well my money was not there on Saturday. I showed them all my confirmations that I had and was told sometimes it is a bit slow. So we had to put down a credit credit card. On Sunday morning I checked our TV only to find it still was not there. By that time I was all upset. They said they could not do anything because the offices were closed on Sunday so we needed to wait until Monday. Finally Monday morning it was there. It was $500 that I had saved to use as spending money. Now I will call before I leave to make sure it is going to be on my account. Oh and yes I had put that money on months before I left so it was not only weeks.

Sorry to be so winded.lol

Mine showed up on my docs. withing 24 hrs. Maybe because I added it to my own account. Maybe it takes longer if it is given as a gift. Good luck.

How do you add it to your own account? I have been looking but can't find it. I was able to buy drink tickets and Champagne but don't see where to buy OBC.

Does anyone know how long it takes funship dollars to appear as OBC? My fabulous boss bought me $100 in funship dollars for my birthday, and asked that it be applied as OBC. This was about a week ago, and it isn't showing up. How long should I wait before following up on this?

I just did the same thing for our cruise on the Splendor 4/29 for $500. I has already been applied to my OBC however when I spoke with them to do this, they say that it can take 7-10 business days if you do it by phone and at least 6-8 weeks if you do it on their website. I would call them and see if they can tell you how long it will be until it is applied to your account.

I would say give it at least 2 weeks but call them. Don't do anything on the website if you are less than 8 weeks out from your cruise. We just put $500 on our OBC for cruise on 4/29 and when I asked how long it would take to be applied they said 7-10 business days if you call them and 6-8 weeks if you use their site. They also tell you to call if your cruise is sooner than 7-10 days.

How do you add it to your own account? I have been looking but can't find it. I was able to buy drink tickets and Champagne but don't see where to buy OBC.

Took this from their website

Our knowledgeable Fun Ship Dollar representatives are available to answer your questions about our products, help you make a selection, and take your credit card order. You can reach our Special Programs and Promotions department by telephone; toll free, at 1-800-906-7603 during the following hours:

Monday - Saturday 8:00am - 8:30pm, Eastern Time

Phone orders are accepted up to one week prior to sailing. Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network and American Express accepted

Search for "Funship Dollars." That is what the things are called that you purchase. I just asked my boss to have them APPLIED as OBC, rather than having them mailed to me (which is what they usually do). I prefer this, since that way I don't have to remember to pack them, and then stand in line at guest services to have them applied. It's already done and waiting for me.:)

My boss actually called the department to buy the Funship Dollars (she's a bit computer challenged;)), but in the past when I've bought my own, I type "Apply as On Board Credit" in both lines of my address, and make sure that it includes my booking number, and it's been fine.:)

Archived