What's on the menu in the SS United States on board the solsticized Infinity?

Eve

Does anyone have a copy of the menu from the SS United States restaurant since the Infinity has emerged from drydock? Since the price has now increased to $40 per person, I am curious about what they are offering in the restaurant now.

Does anyone have a copy of the menu from the SS United States restaurant since the Infinity has emerged from drydock? Since the price has now increased to $40 per person, I am curious about what they are offering in the restaurant now.

Flawless service and fabulous food. I thought the rack of lamb was to die for. I don't think there was anything particularly "new" on the menu. It was a little pricey, but DS gave us the dinner for two as an anniversary gift. When I went to make the reservation, I brought the gift card from our stateroom. It had an anniversary wish from DS and his family. After dinner they brought us the most delicious, rich, chocolate ganache cake! What a surprise!

I sailed Infinity January 2, 2012 from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Infinity is clean and beautiful and the staff and crew were just plain fantastic.

If you've dined there before, the menu hasn't changed. They just increased the price.

Absolutely false. Celebrity has finally posted the new menu on their website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_ss_united_states_restaurant&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

I was on the February 26 sailing and had prereserved embarkation night based on the previous menu [which I saved in text format] that was still online when I departed. Missing from the new menu:

STARTERS

Escargot

Crispy seared sweetbread

Leek and shallot flan

Boquet of mixed greens/shaved hearts of palm

Young spinach and frisee salad

ENTREES

Lobster tail "your way" (now ONLY flambeed chunks, not a whole tail)

Surf and turf

Shellfish and saffron risotto

Pan seared filet mignon (changed to 'Les petit filets')

DESSERTS: the current online menu lists only two

Pear and pineapple napoleon

Les perles sucrees (trio of chocolate croissants)

Other desserts were available but these two may be the only ones made to order: the crepe I ordered was vastly inferior to those I later enjoyed at Bistro on Five.

The earlier menu also implied four courses as starter, soup or salad, entree and dessert; new menu has single starter, entree, cheese course and dessert--though I was told I could substitute a second starter for the cheese. Bottom line: caveat emptor

We have only eaten in the speciality restaurants on Celebrity ships [rather than the MDR] since 2009 and, before then, always eaten in them a number of times each cruise. They have been slowly modifying and tweaking the menu the whole time. Some items are dropped, new items added and others modified. Never expect a menu to be set in aspic ...

Sue

Even if the menu seems to have limited choices, they have no problem with you ordering multiple appetizers or entrees. A woman who we chatted with when we were going into SS told us that she had several entrees with her order. Not wanting to be outdone, my DH ordered two entrees :o.

I do remember several more choices on the actual menu than what is posted below but can't say specifically what they were other than fois gras for an appetizer.

The food and service was very good.

On embarkation day they often offer two for one pricing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived