Sunset Bar on Century's Alaskan cruise

jtsbusiness

Noticed we have been allocated a room directly under the Sunset Bar. This is highlighted as possibly noisy at night. Is this an outside bar? What are opinions of this in relation to noise on an alaskan cruise in May. Has anybody experienced it?

I am a light sleeper and I wonder whether I should try to change it. Is it possible to change concierge rooms?

HELP:eek::eek::eek:

The starboard side of the Sunset bar is my favorite bar on the Century.... it's popular for a reason. The views and company are the best.

I can't comment on the noise for those below, but the port side of the bar is smoker friendly... which I'd be more worried about as I insist on clean fresh air, especially on an Alaskan cruise...

Having said that, the Century is one of my favorite cruise ships and my guess is that those coveted stern cabins are highly sought after because not only are the views great, they are just plain nice.

Be in a Sky Suite May 27 on that fine vessel surprising DW for our belated 30th, so take care of my bar stool if you're there before I get aboard. :p

Well, port is left and starboard is right as you face the front of the ship.

Usually even number cabins are starboard.

And only you know if you can change cabins at this point but you can call celebrity or your T/A and ask.

Thanks. It sounds as if we are on the non-smoking side which would be better. I can't imagine people sitting outside late at night as we go through the Alaskan glaciers in mid May. Hopefully they will all want to be warm and cosy indoors!!!

Despite the fact that we live in Alaska the hubby and I have done two Alaska cruises.

Not only are Alaska cruises more family oriented that some other itineraries, they are also port intensive. Many passengers are in bed early because they have a full day planned for the next day in port.

Since May tends to be the driest month for Southeast Alaska it is a great time to visit. But the evenings will still be cool, and so there may not be much activity in the Sunset Bar after 8 PM or so.

Enjoy the Century. The hubby and I spent eighteen nights on her last November. It is a great ship.

Thank you. You have put my mind at rest. Off topic, I am buying a lot of wet weather gear, do you think this might be surplus?

I am so looking forward to going as I have heard so much about your lovely country

Archived