One day in Cozumel

SCR

We will be in Cozumel for 13 hours. My DSS and I want to go scuba diving and parasailing. We also want to do a little shopping and eating.

Would it be better to try to got to a "resort" i.e. paradise beach or Chakanab (sp?) or do everything separately. We are not really interested in laying out on the beach. We want some definite activity!

:confused:

I think you won't find everything you want to do at one location, so you will be better off doing diving separately from the other stuff. If you want the best possible diving, then you need to put that as a priority and make arrangements to dive. My experience has been that you will have time after the dive trip to go to one of the beach clubs that offers parasailing, such as PB. Actually, if you ask in advance, the dive operator might just be able to drop you off at such a beach club after your second dive.

The shopping will be available at which ever pier your ship docks at, although for the hard core shopper, downtown is probably a better choice.

DSS = Dear Step Son?

bruce-r: Thanks for the info. DSS= Dear Single Sister :D

Thanks for the info. I am looking into booking a discovery dive with Eagle Ray Divers. Actually, have an e-mail to them waiting on a response. We are not hard core shoppers... just trying to get a few souveniers for the folks back home.

My advice is to stick to Bruce´s suggestion. Book seperate. Shop at the pier - they are the best shops and most of my favorites (Rocks and Rags and Los Cinco Soles at Puerta Maya) and Punta Lagosta has a couple also.

Archived