Early Saver OBC Question

dioxide45

I have searched the forum and haven't found anything that fits our situation on this.

We originally booked two people on a May cruise using an Early Saver rate. We recently (just before final payment) added a third person to the room. Then a few days after final payment the cruise price dropped for two or three people. Our TA submitted the rate adjustment request and Carnival matched the rate for three people. We were surprised and pleased as we thought we would only get an OBC equivalent to the savings for the two of us. In the end were were able to have three people go for about what just the two of us originally booked for.

There are three of us, my wife and myself and a friend of ours. We will be in the same cabin but will have two separate accounts. One account for my wife and myself and a separate account for her friend. Now the question we have about the OBC. How will Carnival allocate the OBC (assume the OBC is $60).

1. The entire $60 OBC will all be under our account since my wife is the first person listed on the cabin?
  2. $40 OBC will be on our account and $20 OBC on our friends account?
  3. $30 OBC will be on our account and $30 OBC will be on the friends account?

I couldn't find anything on Carnival's website that mentioned how this would work.

I have searched the forum and haven't found anything that fits our situation on this.

We originally booked two people on a May cruise using an Early Saver rate. We recently (just before final payment) added a third person to the room. Then a few days after final payment the cruise price dropped for two or three people. Our TA submitted the rate adjustment request and Carnival matched the rate for three people. We were surprised and pleased as we thought we would only get an OBC equivalent to the savings for the two of us. In the end were were able to have three people go for about what just the two of us originally booked for.

There are three of us, my wife and myself and a friend of ours. We will be in the same cabin but will have two separate accounts. One account for my wife and myself and a separate account for her friend. Now the question we have about the OBC. How will Carnival allocate the OBC (assume the OBC is $60).

1. The entire $60 OBC will all be under our account since my wife is the first person listed on the cabin?
  2. $40 OBC will be on our account and $20 OBC on our friends account?
  3. $30 OBC will be on our account and $30 OBC will be on the friends account?

I couldn't find anything on Carnival's website that mentioned how this would work.

Wow, good question! I would assume (you know where that can get you!) that you folks would get $40 and your third would get the $20 - that is taking into consideration that most likely you and your spouse will be sharing an account and your third will have a seperate. That's how I understood your post.

Have a great cruise!

It will be divided between the first two passengers (you and your wife). Although, because it is a shared account, they could apply it all to the first passenger listed on the account. It will not be applied to the third (or 4th, if there was one) passenger.

you really need to talk to your TA, PVP or Carnival. It really depends on who's price went down. Lots of time its just the 1st two people in the cabin and the 3rd person rate stays the same since its a reduced rate. When you look on the Carnival site, it averages out the rate between the 3 people so you really can't tell.

If the 3rd person rate didn't go down but paid the same amount as you & your spouse, then I would say just hand them $20 and call it even.

Archived