Magic Review 3/11-3/18/12

jakeHOU97

Well.....I'm back after a LONG wait.

Its my fault guys, just been busy. I'm determinded to finish this review.

Like promised the pictures, and also a Better/As/Worse than expected, and a little packing list of things some people don't think about!

Friday: Sea Day

There was no really Big activites that day. So, we utilized other parts of the ship like the pool, sportsquare, ect.

That night dinner was good, as expected. WCMC again.

That night, we saw Mutzie and Just June in the comedy club! Very entertaining. Mutzie gets people involved in the show, so if your shy be sure to sit in the back!!

Just June was good, still liked the other comedians better.

Saturday-Sea Day, and St. Patricks day!

That last full day was fun, spent time around the ship, we saw the Lucky in Love show, hilarious!

There was a ton of trivia, dances and events for St Pattys!

After dinner, we were starting to get sad that the cruise was almost over, however, Mutzie and Just June made us laugh our heart out!

(Comedian Note-Mutzie DOES NOT use any profanity in his Adults only show, so if profanity keeps you away from Adults only, if you have him, GO SEE HIM! Also, Just June repeated many of her jokes from the last show. I would not reccomend seeing her more than once, there's plenty of other things to do.)

Well, I'm back, even though I'm wondering if anyone's reading this since I've taken a break.....well the best is yet to come! Plenty of Pictures, a better/as/worse than expected, and ways Carnival can improve the Magic and their cruise line.

Sunday 3/18- Debarkation

Debarkation day is the saddest day for a cruiser on their cruise....unless your doing a B2B (Not me, unfourtantely)

So anyway, the night before we packed everything into are bags, and kept some things in our carry offs.

We woke up around 8 to eat breakfest. We were group 26 of 27 to debark, so we relaxed at our table, then hit up a deck chair. There was cartoons playing, but the sound was mute and the picture was messed. I admit, I even had a ice cream cone as my post breakfest "snack" :p

By then, the Lido was empty. Dead. There was only about a dozen groups left.

At around 9:30, our group (groups 25-27) were called off the ship. We headed down to the Lobby where we encoutered a 5 minute wait to have our S/S cards scanned and we were off.

We walked down the long ramp into the baggage claim area. Its HUGE, about the size of a football field. But, there was zone #'s on poles throughout the area (EX-All Zone 1 bags were in the area marked zone 1)

We hunted through about a hundred bags in our area for our suitcases. We found ours no problem, but a couple were spread out about 20 feet, so don't panic if all your bags arent in the same spot.

We then got into the line that said U.S. Citizens. We waited through this long, but quick moving line for 20 minutes. A security guy then checked our Passports, our purchases, and then we were ushered out of the terminal. We headed outside to a sign that said shuttle to lot B. We waited 5 minutes to get a shuttle and were taken back to our lot.

So that's it for my review section, the specials are still to come!:D

(I'm uploading the photos to PhotoBucket)

I'd be happy to answer ANY questions!

nice review! cant wait to see pics:D we wont be sailing the magic anytime soon lol ( we leave for the glory on sunday and our booked on the liberty Sept) BUT hoping to do the breeze next year as soon as it comes to miami so its nice to read revies on new ships:)

We'll be on the Magic in June as part of a graduation group that's going. First time for many of us on the trip, so I've been enjoying your review.

What did you do on the days at sea? I can't imagine spending the entire time at the pool, especially as I imagine it must be packed. Are there other things to do?

We'll be on the Magic in June as part of a graduation group that's going. First time for many of us on the trip, so I've been enjoying your review.

What did you do on the days at sea? I can't imagine spending the entire time at the pool, especially as I imagine it must be packed. Are there other things to do?

Yes, as I like to stay active I visited sports square, did the ropes course, fitness area.

There is many activities on sea days from hairy chest competitions to trivia to ice carving demos to scavenger hunts

nice review! cant wait to see pics:D we wont be sailing the magic anytime soon lol ( we leave for the glory on sunday and our booked on the liberty Sept) BUT hoping to do the breeze next year as soon as it comes to miami so its nice to read revies on new ships:)

Great! I want to sail on the Breeze too. It has the 2.0 Upgrades! I wish the Magic got that, but we have to wait until its dry dock in 2015.

I won't be on the magic but in November I will on the Conquest with my first eastern itinerary so in comparison to say Cozumel.... how did you like these ports?

I've never been on a western. Key west is cool, your cell phone works, the nice conch train tour, Freeport is OK, port Lucaya has that market and the beach. TONS to do in Nassau. Atlantis, Blue Lagoon, Señor Frogs!

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to post!

We were on the Magic with the kids in December and loved it so much that we are booked again for April 2013 for mine and my friends 40th bdays (couples cruise)...kids are staying home on this one!! We are on Deck 12 inside spa. Very excited!!!

Can you give advice on Blue Lagoon in Nassau. That was our plan but we have a huge group and don't want to miss a shuttle/water taxi/etc.

We're on the Magic in July.

Wendy

We got there via the boat from the dolphin encounter company that we did on Blue Lagoon. On the way back, there was a boat at the island that would drop us off near the cruise piers.

There were guys all along the road by the ships taking guys to blue lagoon

Best of luck! Magic reviews, except for one or two, are pretty non-existent, especially from the "bloggers" trip.

Hmmmm..don't know why. I've seen positive and negative ones. I have three Carnival Magic reviews (including bloggers) on my blog. Link in the about me.

Hey Jake

Thanks for taking the time.. the review was great.. the one thing my kids keep asking is if the ship has Guys burger joint.. I did try the pics and i could not get to them.. not sure if it is just my laptop though so i would wait and see if someone else has trouble as well. also i know you said the buffet was not typical of others.. were the selections good or bad.. i have a very picky eater.. lol guess i can get grilled cheese and chicken nuggets anywhere.. ha ha i'm happy as long as they have my lobster.. in the dining room.. lol well thanks for your time.. and I am looking forward to Boarding on May 13

Hey Jake

Thanks for taking the time.. the review was great.. the one thing my kids keep asking is if the ship has Guys burger joint.. I did try the pics and i could not get to them.. not sure if it is just my laptop though so i would wait and see if someone else has trouble as well. also i know you said the buffet was not typical of others.. were the selections good or bad.. i have a very picky eater.. lol guess i can get grilled cheese and chicken nuggets anywhere.. ha ha i'm happy as long as they have my lobster.. in the dining room.. lol well thanks for your time.. and I am looking forward to Boarding on May 13

No Guys burger joint.....ships are getting this as the 2.0 Upgrades. (Magic will get them in 2015)

Actually, I never ate in the buffett for lunch. Only pizza, hot dogs and burgers which were seperate.

However, breakfest buffet was similar to Golden Corral. I ate breaky at the buffet (pancakes,biscuits,eggs,bacon,sausauges,hash browns, danshies)

Guys, I have something I need to go to. I promise to post pictures this evening-hopefully starting at 630 CT.....

I'll be able to post them quickly if one of yall would be kind enough to tell me which link/where to post it to upload the pictures.

Archived