True Alaska = True FLAKE

quickfingers

I have emailed True Alaska three times and have called once. I have not gotten one reply :mad:. I fell sorry for those fishing people that had paid good money to go fishing with Bruce :confused:. He is at the top of MY list of companies to AVOID!!! :mad: You cannot trust someone who does not have the courtesy to reply in some fashion in two weeks. A REAL FLAKE!!! :mad: :mad:

I went down and talked them today after reading your post. After talking to him I understand why he could not take you out on that day. He said that he told you that he can not afford to take out just you out as of right now but he is working on getting another couple to go out that day. I feel bad because I have been trying to help people who have questions about there trip to Ketchikan this year and I have telling them my honest opinion on excursions to do based on me living here. Now I get worried about saying anything about my town . Then there is someone like you who wants the impossible then harrass the tour operators. So guy, I hope you have a great trip up here and you get to go fishing and you leave your craziness down there.

Everybody else, it was sunny and 75 degrees here this weekend. A good sign I hope!!!

quickfingers, I think you're being grossly unfair. I checked your other posts and see that Bruce did indeed reply, and said something to the effect that he can't do an 8-hour tour for one person. I expect that unless you've offered in your other emails to come up with the $2,000 or whatever to pay for the whole boat, he's just not bothering re-state what he's already said.

Murray

OK, since that's setted, does anyone have any idea why I can't get Orca Enterprises to send my confirmation? They said it would be a few days, so I waited more than a few days and e-mailed them and have not heard a word!

I put a deposit on my credit card, but haven't gotten the statement in yet. I feel they are trustworthy since I have read so many good things about them on here, but I am getting a bit nervous!

Then there is someone like you who wants the impossible then harrass the tour operators.

This reminds me of something my repair guy said when I wrecked my car a few months ago. Mind you, this is AFTER the work was complete. He told me of customers who get furious with him for telling them what it will cost or how long it will take to fix their car. And, those that caused the collision are usually the worst. As for me, I was very courteous about the whole thing. Yeah, when he said definately 2 weeks but more realistically 3 weeks...sure I was disappointed (no rental coverage) BUT I didn't get nasty with him over it. Nor did I call him everyday wanting a status. Sure enough, my car was ready one day short of 2 weeks!

How is this related?...what goes around comes around! Everyone I have had the pleasure to communicate with in Alaska has been absolutely marvelous. If tourists start becoming nasty with the locals, vendors, & tour operators, it won't take long to damage Alaska's most valuable resource...wonderful people who welcome us to their homes. Some will say tourism brings the cash, but don't forget Alaskans survived before the rest of us found them. They would survive without us too.

I fell sorry for those fishing people that had paid good money to go fishing with Bruce.

quickfingers,

Don't feel sorry for me. I, for one, as well as many others, are looking forward to a wonderful time with Bruce. I don't usually endorse anyone, but my dealings with Bruce was such a standout as well as Alaskadude's recommendation, I feel 100% confident that Bruce is very good person as well as an ethical professional that I can stand behind.

Sorry, Pal. When a business is reputable, it doesn't have to fear comments like yours. ;)

I went down and talked them today after reading your post. After talking to him I understand why he could not take you out on that day. He said that he told you that he can not afford to take out just you out as of right now but he is working on getting another couple to go out that day. I feel bad because I have been trying to help people who have questions about there trip to Ketchikan this year and I have telling them my honest opinion on excursions to do based on me living here. Now I get worried about saying anything about my town . Then there is someone like you who wants the impossible then harrass the tour operators. So guy, I hope you have a great trip up here and you get to go fishing and you leave your craziness down there.

Everybody else, it was sunny and 75 degrees here this weekend. A good sign I hope!!!

alaskadude,

Don't let people like quickfingers keep you from continuing to recommend good service vendor. Most of us down here depend on you to help us have a good time in Ketchikan. I certainly trusted you when you recommended True Alaskan Charters. Bruce was everything you said and even more. I will continue to recommend him to other posters.

:)

In my defense, he has NEVER replied to me either by e-mail or a phone call. If you only knew both sides of the story. I ALWAYS stated that I would share a boat with anyone. I want to go out for more than four to five hours. When I spoke to a woman at True Alaska, she said Bruce LOVES to go out for more than four hours, beacuse he isn't rushed and he can put the crab traps out. This is the last communication I had with True Alaska. He has not contacted me in over a week. Don't blame me because my wife and daughters don't want to go fishing. I am a nice guy. I am VERY sociable. I will share the boat with other people. WHY CAN'T I GO OUT FOR MORE THAN FOUR HOURS!! I was also told that if Bruce could not do it, he would find me someone that could take me out. I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN A RESPONSE OF ANY KIND!!

There's a saying that we have four seasons in Alaska, early winter, mid winter, late winter, and next winter. I'm frantically trying to take advantage of the first nice weather of the year to dig out, clean up, re-roof, rearrange, repair, and reestablish all the stuff that I let slide over the winter. This is a VERY busy time of year for many Alaskans and a short window to get things done that need doing before the start of the summer season. A week is not very long in Alaska Time. I would imagine he'll get back to you when he has something to tell you.

I totally agree. Alaska time is different than anywhere else in the country. When

it's time it will happen. In the mean time if good weather comes along it's time

to take advantage of it. Cause when tour season starts it's no longer our time.

The charter fishing business is a tough one. You only have so long to make your

living then your out of work until the next year. Be patient....:)

• 3 weeks later...
OK, since that's setted, does anyone have any idea why I can't get Orca Enterprises to send my confirmation? They said it would be a few days, so I waited more than a few days and e-mailed them and have not heard a word!

I put a deposit on my credit card, but haven't gotten the statement in yet. I feel they are trustworthy since I have read so many good things about them on here, but I am getting a bit nervous!

The same thing happened to me with Orca Enterprises. They had my credit card deposit, but I had no conf letter. I am organizing an excursion for 6 people so I wanted to make sure all was ok. I called them about a week after the orginal reservation. It turns out they just had my e-mail address spelled incorrectly. Maybe try giving them a call. I got my conf letter the next day.

Have a good time!

The same thing happened to me with Orca Enterprises. They had my credit card deposit, but I had no conf letter. I am organizing an excursion for 6 people so I wanted to make sure all was ok. I called them about a week after the orginal reservation. It turns out they just had my e-mail address spelled incorrectly. Maybe try giving them a call. I got my conf letter the next day.

Have a good time!

For what it's worth, they emailed my confirmation the same day. They also followed up by phone when I apparently had a typo on my email address. Nice job so far.

Archived