Beach to take the kids to? -m

TSoccer5

My DH wants to take the kids to the beach in Nassau.

What is the cheapest easiest way to do this?

we will be in port from 1pm-midnight... so we likely would not go til after we hit the straw market... I have heard about catching a bus or taking a cab?

which beach is "worth it" and do we have to go through a hotel and pay for access?

TIA!!!

Cruising on the Celebration May 30, 2005

I just got back from Nassau and we were planning to go to Cable Beach but ran out of time so I cannot give you first hand info. However I did do a lot of research so I can pass that on. Cable Beach is where some of the big hotels are. You can use the beaches in front of the hotels for free but I am not sure if you can use their chairs, pools, etc.

The cheapest option for getting to Cable Beach is to take the #10 Jitney bus ($1 per person each way). The closest bus stop to the port is across the street from the British Colonial Hilton hotel. I did check out the buses and they look nice. I saw a lot of tourists waiting at the bus stop along with some locals.

We ended up going to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. That is a public beach which would be great for kids and does not cost anything. You would need to take a cab or the water taxi ($6 per person round trip) to get to PI - the public bus does not go to the island (go figure?)

Archived