Previous Summit Passengers, please help.

qkdasmom

I have always received such great information & feedback from this board. I have 2 questions about our upcoming cruise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Some family members found a great deal on Summit sailing Nov. 3rd & we quickly jumped on board, now I am having a little bit of buyer's remorse. This will be our 7th cruise, 4 with RCCL (which we love), 1 Disney, 1 NCL around the Hawaiian islands.

I am not a picky person and as long as I know what to expect I will be fine. Who can complain on a cruise? Since we are going with a large group (16) I thought about how fun it was on our RCCL cruises when we would all go to Karaoke, dancing or other crazy activities at night (Mormons don't drink, but we still know how to have fun!!) Well as I researched a little about the Summit, I am not sure we will have all those activities that RCCL offers. Am I correct? Will there be fun things to do at night? I know this is port intensive and we may be too tired, but again, I would just like to know what to expect.

Second, I was wondering if you could take a quick look in the excursions I have planned. Barbados-Carlisle Bay Paynes Beach; St. Lucia- Treetop Adventures; Antigua- Segway tour & Valley Church Beach; St. Maarten- private tour with Bernard to Orient & Maho Beach, and Marigot; St. Thomas -BOSS!

Thanks again for your help.

N.

Well I dont know about crazy activities but you should enjoy the wonderful staff and crew on the ship. The service is unfailingly friendly and responsive.

We tend to hang out in the bars and use our beverage packages and enjoy the different music offered. I know they do offer trivia and karaoke. We are one brand cruisers - X - and haven't found any need to change

So I can't compare to the other lines. You should appreciate the very restrictive smoking policy. We love the food - both Normandie and Qsine are excellent speciality restaurants. Another great feature of Summit is the indoor T-pool for adults only.

I have always received such great information & feedback from this board. I have 2 questions about our upcoming cruise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Some family members found a great deal on Summit sailing Nov. 3rd & we quickly jumped on board, now I am having a little bit of buyer's remorse. This will be our 7th cruise, 4 with RCCL (which we love), 1 Disney, 1 NCL around the Hawaiian islands.

I am not a picky person and as long as I know what to expect I will be fine. Who can complain on a cruise? Since we are going with a large group (16) I thought about how fun it was on our RCCL cruises when we would all go to Karaoke, dancing or other crazy activities at night (Mormons don't drink, but we still know how to have fun!!) Well as I researched a little about the Summit, I am not sure we will have all those activities that RCCL offers. Am I correct? Will there be fun things to do at night? I know this is port intensive and we may be too tired, but again, I would just like to know what to expect.

Second, I was wondering if you could take a quick look in the excursions I have planned. Barbados-Carlisle Bay Paynes Beach; St. Lucia- Treetop Adventures; Antigua- Segway tour & Valley Church Beach; St. Maarten- private tour with Bernard to Orient & Maho Beach, and Marigot; St. Thomas -BOSS!

Thanks again for your help.

N.

In Barbados, you will be sorry if you don't find a way to swim with the sea turtles at Payne's bay... in St. Lucia, see the Pitons - it is a UNESCO world heritage site and they are stunningly gorgeous... be forewarned re: St. Martin - part of Orient beach is clothing optional -

Never done the other things - in St. Thomas, we've either gone to Megan's bay or to St. John, depending on how many ships are in port (more ships - go to St. John) - in Antigua, we just sat on the beach all day - it was gorgeous and relaxing...

As far as fun after hours - I couldn't tell you - been on the Summit twice and we are early to bed types... but we loved both trips!

We did the zipline at Treetop Adventures when we were on the Summit three weeks ago - it was aweseome! Staff was wonderful. I was expecting a large crowd but we were part of a group of around ten to twelve people and we never felt rushed nor did we have to wait in line. I can't say enough about how terrific the staff was at Treetop. Have fun on your cruise!

We just sailed RCCL for the first time this past winter, on the Oasis. With nine total in our group it was a fun cruise and we all were impressed with the range of activities, both day and night, that were available to us. Having sailed Celebrity a few times I can tell you the difference in activity level is significant. I think you may have good reason to be a little concerned. While individual cruises are all different, in general the Celebrity ships get pretty quiet after 10 or so. There are pockets of activity, but it's not ship wide. Many times Karaoke doesn't turn out to be much at all. As you noted, Summit runs a port intensive course and this may be a factor.

We enjoy Celebrity and can't wait to sail again. But the focus is just different than RCCL. I think with a group of 16 you can make some fun anywhere! The venues are ther and will stay open if there is a reason to. that reason could easily be a group of 16 or so fun people showing some of the others how it is done while still enjoying the great service and amenities and somewhat better food that separates Celebrity. But if you are looking for nonstop activity I think it is a good idea to look into this carefully before final payment is due.

As you say, no one should complain about a cruise, so I'm sure whatever choice you make you will have a great one!

Enjoy!

We did the zipline at Treetop Adventures when we were on the Summit three weeks ago - it was aweseome! Staff was wonderful. I was expecting a large crowd but we were part of a group of around ten to twelve people and we never felt rushed nor did we have to wait in line. I can't say enough about how terrific the staff was at Treetop. Have fun on your cruise!

Agreed.....GERAT excursion. If you have the adventure in you, do it!!

Of the lines you've sailed we have also been on NCL and RCCL. We've always found plenty to do on Celebrity at night, but feel it's a little more "upscale" than the other two lines: shows, dance parties around the pool or in the Atrium, Karaoke or dancing in the Sky Lounge. I know there's also a disco on board, but we've never been there at night. We've also enjoyed Jazz in the Ensemble Lounge, a Guitarist at the Mast Bar, and the list goes on. If you want late night fun, you should be able to find something that appeals to you.

Archived