Civitavecchia hotel

Poggio

We are thinking of booking either Hotel San Giorgio or Hotel Borgo del Mare in Civitavecchia for one night, prior to a Celebrity cruise. We originally favoured the San Giorgio as it is closer to the centre, but after looking at several bad reviews on Trip Advisor, we are now unsure. Can anyone please offer advice on either hotel. Many thanks.

We are thinking of booking either Hotel San Giorgio or Hotel Borgo del Mare in Civitavecchia for one night, prior to a Celebrity cruise. We originally favoured the San Giorgio as it is closer to the centre, but after looking at several bad reviews on Trip Advisor, we are now unsure. Can anyone please offer advice on either hotel. Many thanks.

Checl out the Hotel Triano...friends have used it and like it very much.

We are staying at the Hotel Traiano the night before our cruise leaves in July. We have arranged for them to pick us up at the airport. I have never stayed there, but got a recommendation from these boards.

We stayed at Hotel Borgo del mare pre cruise in Sept 2011.

It is a little far from the main section of town . It is in a quiet residental area and a block from the sea. There is access to the sea between two walled houses at the end of block and to the left.

What I loved about Hotel Borgo was their restaurant for dinner. Great homemade pasta. They have a great breakfast with hot items. Friendly staff. Small outside area with tables and lounge area.

They picked us up at airport and also drove us to pier the next day.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Will check out reviews on Traiano and Miramare. Azulann, can you remember if the evening meals at the Borgo del Mare were expensive, or could you just have a light meal - sometimes don't feel very hungry after travelling! Also, wondered if anyone had been to the San Giorgio.

I cannot say enough good things about Hotel San Georgio.

They had a great staff, the rooms were very good (ask for one facing the beach), the restaurant was terrific, the breakfast was included, nice little bar, location is so close to the port entrance that it takes no time to get there and take the free shuttle bus to your ship. We even asked to go to their cellar and picked out a couple bottles of wine to take onboard.

You step outside the hotel, walk across the street and you have a beach you can relax on or, take a nice walk along the beach. Or, you can turn left and into the village and all the shops and restaurants there.

We stayed at the Hotel Traiano twice before cruises. They also picked us up from the airport for a fee and took us to the ship for free the day of the cruise. The hotel is on a side street about 8 blocks to town. Two blocks to a supermarket. It is clean, has good A/C, and a nice continental breakfast. The beds are hard. It's fine for a night.

This is only my second post in Cruise Critic and it's been lovely to receive recommendations from fellow cruisers. We've decided to go ahead with our original choice of San Giorgio Hotel, especially after the glowing review from pete coach. I will write a review on this hotel on our return from holiday. Thanks to you all.

We like the Hotel Miramare in Civitavecchia . Book on line direct via Hotel website to avoid paying commissions to middlemen web sites .

This os our favorite. Can walk to everything. Breakfast in their sun room right on the ocean. They have a nice reseraunt plus many around it.

Bit off-topic tip. We arranged private transportation to the port, scheduled for 6: am, checked with desk and they claimed driver arrived early and left. Then desk clerk arranged a car for twice the cost. I e-mailed the original company upon return home. They advised me that some hotel clerks tell arriving drivers that the patron has already left. They get generous cut from new driver that they arrange. Sounded true to me as: 1) I used the same company upon arrival in Rome with no complications and 2) the new driver arrived less than 5 minutes after the clerk called him !

This is only my second post in Cruise Critic and it's been lovely to receive recommendations from fellow cruisers. We've decided to go ahead with our original choice of San Giorgio Hotel, especially after the glowing review from pete coach. I will write a review on this hotel on our return from holiday. Thanks to you all.

I think you will enjoy the hotel. As with most European hotels, the rooms are not too large, but they are very much we needed. Also, they normally have a dinner special in their main restaurant and in my opinion, it is a very good deal and very good food.

I wrote a review on TripAdvisor after our first stay (back in October 2009). TripAdvisor has some very good reviewers photos of the hotel as well as the reviews themselves. As it should be, not all reviews are glowing or even good. Just goes to show that you cannot please all the people all the time LOL.

Archived