What interesting thing can you visit walking in port

marshhawk

Financially I'm just not able to come up with any pre paid excursions on our next cruise. But I want to get off the ship in each port. All of the ports(GC,Roatan & Cozumel) we are doing walk off the ship snorkeling days. I did Goff's Cay the last time I was in Belize and we know we are pretty broke, so if you got off the ship and you wanted to walk to see something besides peddlers, what would you see? Any nice churches that are open? A museum? Thanks.

We had a blast wandering Belize City and only wish we had more time. We ran over to Ladyville and toured the Brewery, then we wandered town before hopping on the last tender. Great architecture, great old churches, museum is walkable and near Nerie's restaurant to try local food and chat with great locals, super nice folks.

My 7 year old daughter had a blast chatting with 2 local girls. Have fun! It's a bit older and run-down busy city, but great culture and friendly folks. Just get out of the Tourism Village.

It is interesting that two people can see things two different ways. No I wont stay on the ship, even if DH's feet are bothering him that day, we would still tender over, just to do it. So, thanks askimdog, think I will try to print out a walking tour of Belize city and see what I come up with.:)

Well I found Frommer's walking tour-it suggests 2-4 hours, so I made some major adjustments

From the tourist village go out and turn right on Fort Street and find the Lighthouse and the Bliss Memorial, then go back on Fort Street until it merges with Front street, turn right on Gabourel Lane and head on up to the museum. When done with the museum head back down Gabourel Lane, turn right on Front Street and head to the swing Bridge. The last working swing bridge in the world.

And then on back to the ship. This will keep us busy and entertained for several hours.:) So thanks!

Archived