Elation

mal1999

Any good tips, or can't miss things to do?

We're a month away and can't wait to set sail :D

Plan on spending a lot of time on Deck after sail away. Sailing down the Mississippi on a cruise ship is awesome.

Plan on spending a lot of time on Deck after sail away. Sailing down the Mississippi on a cruise ship is awesome.

Certainly looking forward to that.

Hope we get some other great tips.

Thank you

Im not sure if you cruised before but if you didn't keep this in mind. I went on my first carnival cruise on the elation. Carnival always has a farewell party the last night of a cruise. I was shockec to learn that they serve free alcohol for an hour but they don't advertise the free alcohol. You just have to know it and it is on every carnival cruise. ;)

In my opinion, the food on the ship was awesome. I'll be on the Magic in a few weeks and I can't wait to compare the food. Oh, and the comedians were hilarious. That is a do not miss! They had a family show and an adult only show. I went to the adult only show and it was great! :D

Have fun!!!!:)

Im not sure if you cruised before but if you didn't keep this in mind. I went on my first carnival cruise on the elation. Carnival always has a farewell party the last night of a cruise. I was shockec to learn that they serve free alcohol for an hour but they don't advertise the free alcohol. You just have to know it and it is on every carnival cruise. ;)

In my opinion, the food on the ship was awesome. I'll be on the Magic in a few weeks and I can't wait to compare the food. Oh, and the comedians were hilarious. That is a do not miss! They had a family show and an adult only show. I went to the adult only show and it was great! :D

Have fun!!!!:)

We're certainly going to see the shows. There will be 8 of us, all adults cruising, so I'm sure we'll be staying up late every night.

We cruised on RCI before and really enjoyed cruising. Hoping we can be like many others here, and hit at least a cruise every year.

Thanks for any and all tips.

Any good tips, or can't miss things to do?

We're a month away and can't wait to set sail :D

My first cruise was on the Elation - at that time out of Galveston. I still hold up our voyage on the Elation as the standard of a great cruise. I thought the food was terrific, the entertainment great and my grandson had a terrific time in Camp Carnival. I also like the Conquest and Ecstasy - but like I said - the Elation was my first. I was not ready to leave at the end - which is the only reason we now go on 7 day cruises.

yes i secønd the farewell party. It is always a blast. The showband plays and we drink and dance and it is all free! One hour of free drinks. Also if you don't like the drinks that they pass around, order what you want and tip a few dollars and they will get whatever for you. Also you can order off the kids menu if you would like. Everynight my husband and I order the bananna split.

Make sure you go to the kareoke tryouts for the Legend show. The show is made up of guests from each cruise and its fun to watch people try and imitate "sing" like stars. MIchael Jackson, Elvis, Shania Twain, Garth Brooks are just a few of the stars they are trying out for. The tryouts made the show so much better. The comedians were funny and appropriate for each setting, family or adult. Have a great time....so jealous your going. I'm already trying to rebook since coming home a few days ago:D

Come down a couple days in advance and take in the sights and sounds of New Orleans and get your belly filled with some amazing food! Hope you have a great time!

We'll be there the night before, and after. SO looking forward to everything. Going to listen to all the great input and advice (especially to not let anyone or thing bother us), and let loose!

We work So hard each and every day, just to afford great trips and memories like this.

Without CC members, I feel I would have been lost (like our first cruise).

Thanks to all:D

We just got back from the 5-day Elation and had an ABSOLUTE BLAST! Everything was great, no negatives here except they made us get off the ship!!! LOL Any questions just ask.

I'd love to see a copy of the Fun Times if you have them.

Thanks!!

Here is a link for the Fun Times that I found for the Elation. They are from December, 2011. If anyone has any more recent ones, pls post them as well. Look like lots of fun stuff going on... CAN'T WAIT!!!

http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2011-12-05/Carnival%20Elation/5%20Day/

Thanks for the reveiw and all the good tips from everyone...:)

Archived