Century Sky Suite... comp specialty dinner

Tweedy

Hi there;

I have a question about something I've read on the Celebrity website that contradicts what I have read from some threads on here. There is alot of knowledgeable people on this site so I'm hoping someone can clear the clouds for me.

I've read on the Celebrity website that if you are booked into a suite, one of the added 'perks' is that you will receive one complimentary dinner for two at a specialty restaurant. Now, I've read in a thread (can't find it at the moment) that this 'perk' is not available on all ships.

Does anyone know if this is available on the Century? We'll be on the ship in May and booked into a Sky Suite.

Hi there;

I have a question about something I've read on the Celebrity website that contradicts what I have read from some threads on here. There is alot of knowledgeable people on this site so I'm hoping someone can clear the clouds for me.

I've read on the Celebrity website that if you are booked into a suite, one of the added 'perks' is that you will receive one complimentary dinner for two at a specialty restaurant. Now, I've read in a thread (can't find it at the moment) that this 'perk' is not available on all ships.

Does anyone know if this is available on the Century? We'll be on the ship in May and booked into a Sky Suite.

The specialty restaurant perk is reserved for the S class ships not the M Class ships (even after being solsticized). We were in a Sky Suite on Summit recently and were offered a comp evening in Qzine when we checked in, so it can happen.

Here is the wording directly from the web site. As others have said it is a perk only for the S class ships. They do however give optional free meals but they are not guaranteed.

Complimentary Dining

As an added benefit, all Celebrity Solstice®, Celebrity EquinoxSM, Celebrity Eclipse® and Celebrity SilhouetteSM suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest Restaurant and Qsine®:

•1 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of seven nights.

•2 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of eight nights or longer.

At this time, we are not able to accept complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations online. In order to place your complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations, please call 1-800-722-5941.

I'm sailing on Century on April 20th. We are in a Sky Suite and we are Elite.

As far as I can see, from the Celebrity web site, the perk is not available on Century, however, I have heard that it might be offered anyway.

I will certainly report back if we are offered dinners in Murano as a comp.

Even if we have to pay, we plan on going at least once.

The hubby and I are both elite members of the loyalty program, and, with the exception of one cruise, book sky suites.

We were on the Century for eighteen nights last November, and were not offered a complimentary dinner. The Century is a C-class ship. The complimentary dinners in specialty restaurants are a S-class perk.

While complimentary dinners are an S-class perk, in my experience approximately half the time a complimentary specialty restaurant dinner has been offered for those in suites on M-class ships. If they are offered on an M-class ship, our experience is that the dinner will be offered for a $5.00 per person gratuity on the first night of sailing. The specific offer will be made either during the check-in process or in an invitation delivered to the suite on the first day.

This offer does not appear to be consistent across M-class ships. For example, on a Constellation October 2009 sailing we were not offered a complimentary dinner, but on a Constellation April 2010 sailing we were offered complimentary specialty restaurant dinners (with a $5.00 gratuity per person). On both sailings we were in S1 sky suites.

I'm sailing on Century on April 20th. We are in a Sky Suite and we are Elite.

As far as I can see, from the Celebrity web site, the perk is not available on Century, however, I have heard that it might be offered anyway.

I will certainly report back if we are offered dinners in Murano as a comp.

Even if we have to pay, we plan on going at least once.

Thanks Kellie Poodle. We always like to try the specialty restaurants. If we have to pay, then so be it but it would be a nice perk. :D

The hubby and I are both elite members of the loyalty program, and, with the exception of one cruise, book sky suites.

We were on the Century for eighteen nights last November, and were not offered a complimentary dinner. The Century is a C-class ship. The complimentary dinners in specialty restaurants are a S-class perk.

While complimentary dinners are an S-class perk, in my experience approximately half the time a complimentary specialty restaurant dinner has been offered for those in suites on M-class ships. If they are offered on an M-class ship, our experience is that the dinner will be offered for a $5.00 per person gratuity on the first night of sailing. The specific offer will be made either during the check-in process or in an invitation delivered to the suite on the first day.

This offer does not appear to be consistent across M-class ships. For example, on a Constellation October 2009 sailing we were not offered a complimentary dinner, but on a Constellation April 2010 sailing we were offered complimentary specialty restaurant dinners (with a $5.00 gratuity per person). On both sailings we were in S1 sky suites.

Good to know... thanks! :D

There is contradictory info on the website. If you look under the "onboard tab" and search suites, this is the statement which doesn't say S class only:confused::confused:

In addition our suites include:

Services

• European-trained butler service to help you pack/unpack, make your spa appointments, dinner reservations, shore excursions and so much more
  • Full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service
  • Afternoon canapés and tea service
  • Complimentary daily in-suite espresso and cappuccino
  • Shoeshine service

Dining

• One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 7 nights or less) and two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant

Amenities

• Plush Frette® bathrobe
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
  • Slippers
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Additional custom bath products: nail kit, shower gel and mending kit
  • Pillow menu
  • Fresh flowers
  • Welcome sparkling wine
  • Daily fresh fruit platter

Stateroom Features

• Veranda
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead

Special Amenities for Penthouse & Royal suites include:

• Separate whirlpool bathtub
  • Whirlpool on private veranda
  • Your choice of one bottle of vodka, scotch or gin with accompanying mixers

Just off Summit Saturday. When we checked in on the 24th, after being checked in, we were sent to another window to get our sea pass cards and were then offered a complimentary dinner in either restaurant on the first night.

Our entire party was offered the same thing, we were all in Sky Suites except one couple in a Royal suite (and two couples not in a suite and I think they were the only ones not offered the complimentary meal). We chose Normandie and ate there the first night.

Archived