Platinum Boarding in Seatlle and Port Everglades (Ft Laud)

sharecruises

Hi...

tho I live in Ft Lauderdale, I must say I prefer POM

My last cruises have been out of the warehouses of Port Everglades but on different cruiselines

(manned by the oldest and nastiest retirees in the country haha)

I love Port of Miami and am very familiar with it

but ...now I will board in Seattle (first time)

and then again Port Everglades....first time Carnival from Pt E

so...how is the boarding??? I am Platinum..do they have a faster line

for us or a waiting area?

Seattle??

Port Everglades>??

Thanks in advance

We found Seattle to be the worst VIP boarding so far. We even had my daughter-in-law on crutches with a two year old--she is platinum also and boarded with the crowd. We were there early as well which helped with check-in--very easy--it was just boarding perks were non-existent. No special line during boarding for VIP/Platinum. We were actually platinum as well as suite guests.

On the bright side-it did not take forever (altho my daughter-in-law would disagree!) and we got on the ship!

We are platinum and have cruised enough that we have boarded in many of the ports docking cruise ships. In FT. Lauderale we found regular boarding was faster than VIP. Anyway, last May we went thru Seattle to board Carnival Spirit. It was the worst experience we have ever had in all the years we cruised. I wrote a letter to Carnival (ignored) and sent John Heald a note (he had someone from Carnival contact me with a sympathetic ear) What happenned? Nobody at the curb to check bags (1;30 pm) the terminal was packed and the VIP line was a little blue sign with nobody around. I asked a security guard what the deal was and he didn't know or care. With my wife hobbling and using a cane I found a lady ushering folks around and blew a gasket. She took me to the front of the line where I lit the agents ass on fire about the non-existant VIP line. He was very calm and after checking us in replied to my question about priorty boarding by handing me a little sign that said "VIP" and told us to just weave ourselves through the line of 500 people waiting in line to board the ship, showing them the VIP sign. First off we are not pushy people and second that would have been nearly impossible trying to drag 2 carry ons and helping my wife. I hope they fixed it before you go.

We like the VIP lounge in Miami the best.

FT. Lauderdale just had a VIP area to sit. I would not call it a lounge. In

Port Canaveral the terminal we went to did not have a VIP lounge just a ticket counter. Which was not open.

All three boarded quickly and at the same rate when boarding started.

Seattle, we just got an early boarding number. Not a big deal. Still got on board ahead of most so we were able to get a table in the buffet area for when our friends got on board. Ohhh wait is that like being a chair hog?:eek:

We like to watch the crowds anyway so would not want to be separated in a lounge.

Your VIP experience is coming...

Port Everglades renovation to start in April

By Donna Tunney

Fort Lauderdale’s Port Everglades said it would begin construction next month on a $54 million renovation of its four existing cruise terminals.

Refits to cruise terminals 2, 19, 21 and 26 will start in late April, with completion dates ranging from mid-December 2012 through early June 2013.

"Cruise ships are getting larger, so homeports such as Port Everglades must reconfigure and modernize their cruise terminals to accommodate arriving and debarking guests simultaneously to keep ships on schedule," said Steven Cernak, port director and CEO.

When the project is completed, all terminals will have two passenger-loading bridges, separate and larger baggage halls, improved ground transportation areas, and new Florida-inspired artwork, said the port.

The renovation is part of an investment that Port Everglades committed to under an agreement, finalized in April 2010, between Carnival Corp. and the Broward County Board of County Commissioners, which is the governing body for Port Everglades.

The agreement calls for a minimum of 25.5 million cruise guests from multiple Carnival Corp. brands sailing to and from Port Everglades over the initial 15-year term, and will potentially produce nearly $500 million in port revenue.

Archived