Residence Inn Cape Canaveral..

kuddles14

I just responded to this on the RC board. Shuttle is $6/pp, better to take a cab..quick and easy and you can go to the ship anytime you want.

Thank you so much for the info. I never know which board to post things like this. Appreciate your help.

Thank you so much for the info. I never know which board to post things like this. Appreciate your help.

If I were you I would take a cab to the ship at 11am and you should be on the ship in time to eat lunch. Have fun.

We are booked to stay pre-cruise at the Residence Inn at Port Canaveral. I called and they told me that they only have one shuttle to the Freedom and that is at noon. Has anyone experienced this before?

Last year they ran two shuttles at 11am and noon. They were making changes with thier shuttles due to some issues with Disney's new schedules. If this is the case it is much easier to take a taxi. A taxi is only about $10 and you can go to the ship when you are ready.

• 3 weeks later...
Stupid question perhaps but, is the cab $10 total of $10 pp? Also, we have 4 adults and a 7 year old. Would we need 2?

It was metered last year and I shared the taxi with one other person and the total was $10. With 4 adults and a child it might be kinda tight unless the taxi is a minivan style vehicle.

Will they be able to leave their car at the hotel if they take a cab though?

The hotel will allow you to leave your car there. They now charge a fee per day for your car. Parking your car there used to be included at no charge but due to the number of people parking and cruising it was taking alot of space away for guests not cruising. The last time I was there I was told it ws $10 per day to leave your car while you cruised which is much cheaper than parking at the port.

The Radisson Resort at the Port has a cruise package that includes room, full breakfast for 2, parking for the entire cruise and shuttle service back and forth. Rates vary depending on the type of room you choose. (Check their website)

I have used them for 7 cruises and have always been extremely pleased. I recommend them highly.

It was metered last year and I shared the taxi with one other person and the total was $10. With 4 adults and a child it might be kinda tight unless the taxi is a minivan style vehicle.

We now have a cab company called Cocoa Beach Taxi and they have taken out all their meters and have a program called "Pay what you want" - it has worked well for everyone.

You can drop them a note at sales@cocoabeachtaxiservice.com and Steve will give you any information that will help you.

There is other information on the thread right under my name that will give you names of cabs and prices that is about a ballpark figure.

Just a thought

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

We now have a cab company called Cocoa Beach Taxi and they have taken out all their meters and have a program called "Pay what you want" - it has worked well for everyone.

You can drop them a note at sales@cocoabeachtaxiservice.com and Steve will give you any information that will help you.

There is other information on the thread right under my name that will give you names of cabs and prices that is about a ballpark figure.

Just a thought

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley, thanks for the new info. "Pay What You Want", that's a novel idea. Glad to hear it is working well.

Shirley, thanks for the new info. "Pay What You Want", that's a novel idea. Glad to hear it is working well.

It really is working great from what I know but the only thing I would ask is to be fair - had one gentleman that was chewing gum and that is what he gave the driver for the fare. NOT!!!!

Nice folks to work with.

Archived