Family Ocean View Staterooms

hexdragon

I am looking at a cruise on the Equinox. The veranda cabin shows a Family Ocean View Stateroom. It appears that there are two bedrooms???? is this correct? How hard is it to get one of these cabins?

Hi,

Yes, on the Solstice Class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, etc.) there are a limited number of Family Value staterooms at the bow.

They are large at 574 sq. ft. and do, indeed, have two bedrooms — a two-person room, and a single.

Are they hard to get? Yes. Celebrity will require that you have a group of 5 persons to book the stateroom — at least that was the case when booking one for an upcoming Northern Europe sailing.

CM

When in the stateroom availability process did you book your Infinity FV? On the M-class ships (of which Infinity is one...) the FV will generally be held for 4 persons, and not 5, and then released to two-person bookings after final payment.

CM

We booked it pretty late in the game. We had to pay in full, not just put a deposit down. Booked in early March for a May 11th sailing. It hadn't occurred to me that the timing would make a difference. My TA just told us she'd found a great cabin for the 3 of us, so we grabbed it!

2nd year in a row. Like a prior poster, we are on the May 11th, Infinity......

..that is mainly why we have it. Notice the date, schools are not out yet. During any kind of school vacation you would not be able to get one of these unless there are 4 or 5 of you.

I got it by continually searching the internet. Last year we had a balcony booked & paid for. About 30 days before sailing I noticed the FV pop up. I immediately called my internet TA & had them grab one for me. I called Celebrity & they said if families do not take them, they get released to anyone close to sailing.

It was a bit different this year. We did not have anything booked when I saw these available about 2 months ago...you can tell they are available because you do a 'pretend' booking for 2 in that catagory. If it takes, you can have it.

Anyway, I was a bit surprised because this was almost 3 months out. I called Celebrity & they said sometimes that just happens but as long as I actually get a cabin number assigned to me, no one can 'bump' me.

I booked this cruise just for the cabin ! Unbelieveably, we got one of the back corner ones again. 2 rooms, giant balcony with tons of furniture,long 'mystery' private hallway.

Love it.

BUT BE CAREFUL!... I hear that on some of the ships these rooms are on the front. That would make a BIG difference to me. To windy on sea days to use your balcony.

..that is mainly why we have it. Notice the date, schools are not out yet. During any kind of school vacation you would not be able to get one of these unless there are 4 or 5 of you.

I got it by continually searching the internet. Last year we had a balcony booked & paid for. About 30 days before sailing I noticed the FV pop up. I immediately called my internet TA & had them grab one for me. I called Celebrity & they said if families do not take them, they get released to anyone close to sailing.

It was a bit different this year. We did not have anything booked when I saw these available about 2 months ago...you can tell they are available because you do a 'pretend' booking for 2 in that catagory. If it takes, you can have it.

Anyway, I was a bit surprised because this was almost 3 months out. I called Celebrity & they said sometimes that just happens but as long as I actually get a cabin number assigned to me, no one can 'bump' me.

I booked this cruise just for the cabin ! Unbelieveably, we got one of the back corner ones again. 2 rooms, giant balcony with tons of furniture,long 'mystery' private hallway.

Love it.

BUT BE CAREFUL!... I hear that on some of the ships these rooms are on the front. That would make a BIG difference to me. To windy on sea days to use your balcony.

I agree, we have stayed solstice class in FV and the balcony was windy, and also, being at the front of ship meant noise when docking (5am wake up call!!) however, on Constellation we were at the back of ship and it was BLISS. HUGE balcony, lots of space and very quiet. Heaven.

Love it.

We were in 8107. Great cabin, tons of room, very noisy in the am when docking, a long walk to anywhere on the ship. We cruised the med in November so we didn't use the balcony much. It is kind of cave like with lots of structural metal around it. But the size and comfort of the room made up for it.

We booked for two but since we had scored such a large suite my DD and her BF ended up coming along. There are bunk beds in the small bedroom and the couch can sleep one.

We were in 8107. Great cabin, tons of room, very noisy in the am when docking, a long walk to anywhere on the ship. We cruised the med in November so we didn't use the balcony much. It is kind of cave like with lots of structural metal around it. But the size and comfort of the room made up for it.

We booked for two but since we had scored such a large suite my DD and her BF ended up coming along. There are bunk beds in the small bedroom and the couch can sleep one.

Might you have photos of this S-class stateroom? Our TA had been told that the second bedroom was a single and that the couch sleeps two, and that also seems to be the claim made on the Celebrity webpage when looking at Eclipse staterooms.

It would be good if it's as you describe across all of the S-class.

Thanks.

CM

Might you have photos of this S-class stateroom? Our TA had been told that the second bedroom was a single and that the couch sleeps two, and that also seems to be the claim made on the Celebrity webpage when looking at Eclipse staterooms.

It would be good if it's as you describe across all of the S-class.

Thanks.

CM

If the set up is the same as the M class - we were on the Summit this past summer and the set up in the second room was 2 couches. One couch opened out into the room into a bed for 2 and the other had a bed that came up that was the length of the couch (which was a single).

Not like M class at all, although on the website the photos of the FV LOOK like M class.

I can tell you without a doubt that the small bedroom has bunk beds, the upper one folds into the wall if not in use. This is a VERY small bedroom, just the length of the bed which extends from wall to wall, with a small closet. It is a shame because there is a ton of wasted space in the rest of the cabin. The living area and mbr are HUGE! The view is out the front of the ship with steeply angled windows, toward the helicopter pad. The balcony is on the side. There is a couch, two armchairs, a credenza, a small dining table with two chairs, and a coffee table. SO, unlike M class, there is a full living/dining room plus two completely separate bedrooms.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos, sorry, but there are some posted if you do a search.

Archived