Oasis Review w/tons of pics 3/24-3/31-closest thing ever to a perfect cruise!!

I always look forward to your reviews......think I am sort of like you - don't like stuffy.....

I have an odd question, and if you don't want to answer it that is fine. I am wondering what was in the Target box on the bed in the first cabin picture. I'm asking because I was wondering if you Fed-Ex'd something to the ship rather than carrying on. It's just a thought......

Barb

I always look forward to your reviews......think I am sort of like you - don't like stuffy.....

I have an odd question, and if you don't want to answer it that is fine. I am wondering what was in the Target box on the bed in the first cabin picture. I'm asking because I was wondering if you Fed-Ex'd something to the ship rather than carrying on. It's just a thought......

Yes, every year I Fed Ex a box to our hotel so we don't have to carry it. Inside are 2 PS3 gaming systems and 2 monitors to hook them up to, since the tvs on the ship do not allow video game systems to be hooked up. My kids don't leave home without them.

loving your review!!! the pics are awesome and i love mountain top!!! good banana daiquiris!!!

my family leaves in a few days on FOS but when we were booking my DS wanted to do Oasis, but i thought it would be too big and too many people.... so i look forward to your thoughts on that.... FOS will be the biggest ship we have been on and we got a Aft JS which we have never had....

in st marten next time try maho beach where the planes fly in so close you feel like you can touch them! and theres a cool beach bar right there...

looking forward to the rest!!! :D

560064_10150686060338113_682718112_9547323_2093200307_n.jpg

Accidental catch, he treid to take the bait fish and got stuck. He was fine and flew away.

Awww so precious! Love all your pictures of LADY O cant wait to see more of my favoriteee ship thanks for sharing! :D

Yes, every year I Fed Ex a box to our hotel so we don't have to carry it. Inside are 2 PS3 gaming systems and 2 monitors to hook them up to, since the tvs on the ship do not allow video game systems to be hooked up. My kids don't leave home without them.

Lol! Going on a cruise but need their video games! Hahahaha. Gotta love kids. :)

Loving your review. You are cracking me up.

FYI- we're not the stuffy type either but love St. Maarten. Never saw the resort you guys were at. If you go again, check out Orient Beach (Music everywhere and fun beach stuff to do) or Maho Beach (planes land over it!!:eek:).

And thanks, I think your pictures sold me on Embassy Suites for our pre-Oasis cruise. We had been wavering between Embassy Suites and Cabria Suites.

Fantastic review. Thanx so much.

Ok, couple of questions.

What did you do with the fish you caught? It surprised me that you caught so many.

What kind of camera did you use?

I am actually proud to say that my kids caught dinner for the kids of the boat captain. The barracuda went back in because it is dangerous and not edible, the yellowtail was too small so he went back in, the rest went to Alvin's kitchen.:)

My camera is nothing special, a one-shot Nikon Coolpix S6000. I am not good with fancy cameras with too many buttons. Point and shoot all the way for me.:D

Thanks for sharing, loved the review and pictures. Did any of the places on the ship feel really really crowded? Just curious.

Yes, on sea days, the kid's pool area seemed very crowded, but not unpleasant. There were 1300 kids on board, and most of them seemed to be under 12, so they were all in the kid's pool area.

The shows were also crowded, I got my seats in the shade for Splish Splash an hour before the show started.

The Windjammer was a bit crowded at times, but never so bad that you couldn't get a table.

That's about it for me.

FYI- we're not the stuffy type either but love St. Maarten. Never saw the resort you guys were at. If you go again, check out Orient Beach (Music everywhere and fun beach stuff to do) or Maho Beach (planes land over it!!:eek:).

On St. Maarten the action is definitley at Maho Beach! Don't have to worry about being too loud! The low flying aircraft giving you a buzz-cut take care of that :D

THE FOOD

If you read my review of Freedom last year, you know that by far, my biggest complaint was the food. It was pretty awful, as many others have mentioned in their own reviews.

I am happy to say that The Oasis has wonderful food. I ate in the following areas:

Windjammer: 1000 percent better than the WJ on Freedom, which was the worst. There was far more to choose from, it was fresh and tasty. And if you read my FOS review, you will rememeber my biggest complaint was being forcefed pork at every meal; not so on Oasis.

Grade for WJ: Solid B

Park Cafe: Ah yes, the roast beef sandwiches. We had a few, mostly on our balcony. The make your own salads are great, and DS #2 was obsessed with the 3 cheese Panini (basically a grilled cheese). They don't really like when you take it to go, but we did anyway. And if you like spicy, try the hot mustard or horseradish on your RB!!

Grade for Park Cafe: A

Johnny Rockets: We have them all over LA, so it isn't a big deal to us, but it's quick and easy, we ate there 3 or 4 times. DS #1 and DH love the chili cheese dogs. And since The Boardwalk was our favorite place, we were always nearby when we got hungry.

GRADE for JR: A

Seafood Shack: I predict that whenever Oasis goes to dry dock, SS will be replaced by Rita's Cantina. It's not bad, it was just always empty, except the night they had their beach party, then it rained!! The food is ok, but for the price the portions are smallish and the service is slooooow. My shrimp was good, but my entree had 3 shrimp and a small salad, and that's all I ordered. Like I said, I bet it goes away at their first opportunity.

GRADE for SS: C+

Izumi: Here our group was split. Me, DM and DS #2 loved it. DH and DS #1 were still hungry after we ate, and they actually went to WJ after our dinner and ate burgers and chicken wings. The sushi was great, the cook-it-yourself on a hot rock thing was a cute gimmick, but not nearly enough food for men or teen boys. So if you are a big eater, you might want to have a snack at WJ before dinner. And by the way, the way you pay is a bit wierd, I thought I pre-paid on line, turns out that is only a $50 deposit, and we still owed $44.00 plus tip at the end of the meal, so I guess it was around $100 for 5, before tip, without drinks, and two of us were still starving.

GRADE for IZUMI:

Food Quality of Sushi: B+

Food Quality of hot rock: C

Portion size: C

Sorrentos: Same old pizza as every other ship, quick and easy to take back to your room.

GRADE for SORRENTOS: B

Promenade Cafe: Also the same as every other ship, but the girl behind the counter at night had an attitude.

GRADE for PC: B-

Corn Dog Booth

Snow Cones

Ice cream shop on The Boardwalk

Cupcake Cupboard.

OMG YUM for all of the above. The corn dogs next to JR are to die for, and perfect when you are watching a show.

GRADE ON ALL 4: A+

Room Service:

Same old same old, only they don't bring you a tab to sign anymore, so the only way to tip the RS servers is with cash, which is a huge pain. The food is also the same as on every other ship, par at best.

GRADE for RS: C

And no, I didn't forget the MDR, we never go there, too many other things to do!!!:)

Archived