Beach break with 20 and 17 year old

swsandy

Hello fellow cruisers. I am debating booking a AI in costa maya or just reserve chairs and do our own lunch. Nohoch or Tropicnate? I really don't want to be saying no all day to roaming vendors so Nohoch sounds good. But Steve at the Tropicante sounds so nice. Girls will want to snorkel and possibly have a drink with us of course. This will be our last day on the cruise before a hectic summer and sending off to college in America and New Zealand. I tried to find a thread but could not. Thanks for all your input.

I always recommend Yaya Beach! Awesome beach area and food!! Inside the beach club there is a dive center called "Doctor Dive ", great guys, very professional, so you could have a snorkeling trip or a discover scuba diving with them.

Thanks I will have to look into Yaya Beach. I had emailed Nohoch and there is availability. I want to revisit Mahuhual again. The last time we were there the cab took us after our tour of Choccoboan(sp). Very nice snacks at the Cats Meow. The owner was very good to my children as they were a little hot and tired of the long bus ride. But the town itself was very quaint and reminded me of Laredo or Progresso on the Texas border in the 70's. Without the ocean of course. Thanks again and will give a report as to where we end up!

• 5 weeks later...

Maya Chan, far and away the best for a nice, peaceful, relaxation time. Bike tour, all inclusive, relaxed, and quite. Excellent food and top notch service. Do your research, you will see this place stands out above the rest.

Maya Chan is an awesome place with wonderful service. All you can eat and drinks (both alcohol and non-alcohol), canoes, snorkeling, your own private palyapa (sp?), bike tours, sand golf fun and games...you name it. All included in the price. They also have free wi-fi and a computer you can use to check in. They have a web cam there and you can have someone there "take your picture" in front of it and post it for the family to see. Awesome place.

Here's my review when we were there back in September:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30654861&postcount=12

There is a link at the bottom of my review with more pictures. :)

Also, just wanted to add that since we've already been to Maya Chan, when we are there again in December, we will be checking out a new place that just opened up. It looks really nice and a few reviews are starting to come in.

It is also an AI and includes transportation, food, drinks and so on. I believe they only take 20 per day. It's called Almaplena.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look into the new place as well from the last poster. The last day of the stops for the cruise, all we need is just a time to relax! Can't wait! Thanks again

Archived