Riviera Beach, Cannes

henrid

We (4 adults) are looking for a beach in Cannes to enjoy an afternoon. I have seen reference to Riviera Beach in the Plage du Midi area and was hoping someone who has been there can comment on their experience, cost, other beach options, etc. Thanks in advance for your help and guidance!

when are you docking exactly ( day , hours to debark and rembark )???:)

if it's in summer time ..... good luck very crowdy prices extremly high etc....

Yes it will be early summer. We are in Port Friday June 15. We will likely be off ship at 9:30 am and will want to be back to the tender pier by 5 pm. What are your thoughts? What type of prices per person are we looking at to rent a lounger and umbrella at Riviera Beach? What time does this place/beach open? Any other beach suggestions?

you're lucky: it's early in summer time and it's a working day

the price for the private beach depends : don't go on the hotel private beach!!!( Carlton, Majestic ...) about 40 euros !!!!

there's a good critic of the beach you choose ( plage du Midi) one of the less expensive 18 euros for a transat on the ponton ( it's like a litlle bridge on the sea ,in wood) or 15 on the beach itself i think it's with the umbrella included

your dock area is near the city La Croisette and most of the beaches

i can't give you an idea because ....i never go there ( we call thoses beaches : tourist beaches lol!!!us, we are going some other place a lot of nicer and free but too far away for you)

what you can do to it's goint to the Iles de Lerins ( Lerins island) the reservation ticket is where you ll get out you have 2 island

Ste Marguerite and St Honorat : it's more typical , more quiet ( normaly ) at this period of the year with beaches of rock no sand but nice area whit pines and tree

in dt Honorat you also have a monastery you can visit and a distillery of a famous liquor which are made by the monks whom lives there ( they make wish of silence)

http://www.photos-provence.fr/iles/sainte-marguerite.html

Thanks for the info and idea to go to the islands but we prefer just to find a sand beach in Cannes to relax at for the day. Trying not to spend too much.

Any other thoughts from those who have been to Riviera Beach?

Archived