Sky Room Question

MicheMommy

I have an oceanview room in category OJ booked on deck 5 (5009 to be exact) of the Sky for a 4 day sailing. This will be DH and I's first cruise. From what I can tell, I think there are cabins both above and below us, so we shouldn't have to deal w/ a lot of noise in that room.

However, NCL is currently running a promotion where if you book an OJ room, you're automatically upgraded to an OF (I think that's the category), which is a mid-ship oceanview room on deck 8. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea if this would be something worth calling NCL and finding out if we can get upgraded or not. Looking at deck plans, it looks like it might be a noisier deck, but I'm not sure. Anyone with experience that could weigh in for me?

Thanks!

From what I see on the deck plans...

5009 is very close to the outside entrance doors and the main lobby and elevators...could be noisy from those areas. Also, it is under the jogging track on deck 6, which could be bothersome with early morning joggers.

You won't know if you can get the upgrade deal until you call...typically, those are for "new bookings".

If you have a chance to get on deck 8, I think that is a better choice.

Thanks for the info. Since this is our first cruise, I just don't really know what to expect. I realize that I might not be able to get the upgrade, but figured if the rooms really were better, then it's worth a call since the worst they can say is no, right?

Thanks again!

Keep watching - we got an upgrade from a porthole to a large picture window 3 weeks before sail date. For some reason they lowered the price quite substantially one day which I caught. I asked for OBC, which they denied, but they did give me the upgrade for free. There is a site you can easily monitor prices, google cruise and fish

Also they only upgrade you if its avilable.

Think of it like they pre choose 100 cabins avilable for upgrade and thats first come first serve then they are gone. But they can still advertise free upgrades all ships all destinations because it WAS avilable.

The upgrade was available and the guy on the phone had even assigned me a new room before he mentioned they'd have to charge today's fare and I'd lose the OBC from when I originally booked.

I have been watching that fishy website, but I'm wondering about the price dropping so close to the cruise date, Rochester. If the price drops after final payment date, will they still upgrade you? I thought that wasn't an option, but if it is, I'll keep a close watch since I think the final payment is this month (I've already paid in full, so I can't remember the exact due date).

Archived