Grrrr.....prices

kmbp66

The more I read the more I just Grrrr......33 days until we sail on the Legend, I figured that the price would have dropped by now...still HIGH....It is just mind boggling how I continue to read many posts on here about price drops, and how ours is higher and higher every day....doesn't make any sense :eek::rolleyes::mad: Would have loved to have some sort of OBC...guess I'm not one of the lucky ones...

The more I read the more I just Grrrr......33 days until we sail on the Legend, I figured that the price would have dropped by now...still HIGH....It is just mind boggling how I continue to read many posts on here about price drops, and how ours is higher and higher every day....doesn't make any sense :eek::rolleyes::mad: Would have loved to have some sort of OBC...guess I'm not one of the lucky ones...

Be patient. My first 11 cruises all went up in price after I booked. I've only gotten drops on the last 2. Look at it this way, if the prices are going up you still got a better deal than a lot of folks! :)

Supply and demand maybe. Is your ship close to being sold out?

from what I see ...if I do a "mock" booking there are 10 cabins left on our deck....:confused: and 10 on the previous deck we were first booked on :confused:

I understand wanting some OBC, but why on earth would you be mad that the price has gone up? That just means you got a super deal to begin with!!:)

ETA: Carnival will only show 10 cabins at a time per category

AGREED. We always book early. We have never had an OBC, BUT...we have always paid far less than anyone booking late.:) Would rather pay hundreds of dollars less than to have a measly $50 or $100 OBC.

I understand wanting some OBC, but why on earth would you be mad that the price has gone up? That just means you got a super deal to begin with!!:)

ETA: Carnival will only show 10 cabins at a time per category

Yea...you are totally right....the price did drop to the price we paid...it lasted about 2 hours....now it's about $140 more.....I guess I'm just trying to understand the politics of cruising and reading about the HUGE OBC's that some have received...I'm grateful that I got an great price, but I have done what alot have done....booked our cruise last April 2011 and I guess I am just wishing I was one the the lucky one's that get some sort of OBC... maybe I'm luckier than the others and my price was better at time of booking....LOL and release... I feel better.......:D

AGREED. We always book early. We have never had an OBC, BUT...we have always paid far less than anyone booking late.:) Would rather pay hundreds of dollars less than to have a measly $50 or $100 OBC.

Ditto. By booking early and saving $200.00 (or more) per person is far better than an OBC of a smaller amount. Now, what would really be great is if you could get an OBC on top of the savings.:) Unfortunately, that rarely happens.

I keep checking ours every day also and they keep going up. I know the cruises are still pretty far away, but I've been seeing some threads where people say they have had price drops for their Oct-Dec cruises. Our Fascination cruise was cheap when we booked so I figure we won't see any drops below what we paid for that one. :( I doubt we see anything for our Legend cruise either since we sail about 2 1/2 months before she heads to Europe and people will be wanting their fix before she's gone for 7mos. :cool:

Ditto. By booking early and saving $200.00 (or more) per person is far better than an OBC of a smaller amount. Now, what would really be great is if you could get an OBC on top of the savings.:) Unfortunately, that rarely happens.

yep....after reading all the GREAT responses I looked at the whole picture and you are all right......thanks :D but you are also right ...if it dropped and we did get some OBC plus the great rate WOW...but I'm happy knowing I got a a TERRIFIC cruise rate ......thanks all :D

yep....after reading all the GREAT responses I looked at the whole picture and you are all right......thanks :D but you are also right ...if it dropped and we did get some OBC plus the great rate WOW...but I'm happy knowing I got a a TERRIFIC cruise rate ......thanks all :D

Regardless...whether you receive one or not.....HAVE A GREAT CRUISE:)

That just means you booked at a great price.

Don't understand why you would be upset. :confused:

To me a rate drop just means I overpaid in the first place. The OBC you'd get is no 'deal'. Be happy :D

College students get out about the last week of April (at least where I work), you could be getting a lot of early family vacations with people with college age kids? Idk, Mother's Day presents?

But everyone is right, if there are not price drops, that just means you got the best possible price and certainly less than anyone else paid. I booked at aft balcony, knowing my chances of any price drops or upgrades would probably be nilch. But, I watched the prices up until they were all gone and I did get the best price from the date I booked.

I have learned that you have to check for the price drops more than once a day. Checked one morning at work and no change. Checked that evening at home and yippee a price drop. It has paid to keep checking, $475.38 OBC for the balcony room and final payment reduced by $600 on the interior room. :D

I NEVER book expecting a price drop, even though I usually book ES. If I book in the first place, the price was acceptable to me. If it does drop and I happen to catch it - bonus! If not, I am perfectly happy with the price I paid.

Mebbe its just me but those that book expecting a price drop and getting mad they don't get one - I just don't get it......

I never knew about price drops or OBC's until I started reading on this site...it's strange some get good OBC's and some get none.....just boggled my mind.....but its all good .... just curious about the whole process and why some get them and some don't .......:)

Since I started booking ES (which was when they first started offering) I have been able to get a total of 2 price drops. I think that is on 6 cruises total.

The first was after final payment and we had - BRACE YOURSELVES - a huge OBC of 20 dollars total added to the room.

The second was on the Breeze Transatlantic cruise for 200 off of our current bill, since we have not hit final payment. This is a great help, but I was happy with the price we paid.

I also like to think of it as a bonus. If we get to sailing date, and I have not gotten a price drop then it means that I got the best price possible. And considering how early I usually book, it probably is the best price they ever showed for the cabin.

Have a great cruise, and keep checking, you might get lucky!

I never knew about price drops or OBC's until I started reading on this site...it's strange some get good OBC's and some get none.....just boggled my mind.....but its all good .... just curious about the whole process and why some get them and some don't .......:)

Maybe this will help....

Remember that price drops happen when a particular date, ship or itinerary is not selling well. It's all based on supply and demand - the cruise lines would rather drop the price and get something for the cabin as opposed to holding the price and sailing with empty cabins.

Most of the cruise revenue comes from on board sales - so if they can get you on board they are pretty sure you will spend more money! :rolleyes:

Cruise lines will only drop the prices if the cabins are not filling at the rate listed. The more cabins available in your category the better chance their will be a drop - but prices drops are never guaranteed - and probably should not be expected :o.

You can make yourself crazy booking "expecting" a price drop - try to keep the positive outlook that you got a great rate and and drop would be a "bonus"! ;)

By reading these boards it would sound that almost all cruises come down in price.

in 15 cruises only 2 of ours have come down.

We book early and the cruises we have taken have always sailed at way more then we paid.

Yes, I still liook for a price reduction

Archived