Ecstasy? More like misery.

Before I try to call Carnival, I would arm myself. Go book a fake cruise to see what rooms are available, maybe another extended Balcony on the other side of the ship.

See if you can go in your 'history' on your internet, choose a day that you had checked and you were paid in full, print that out.

If so, print out your boarding pass, and on the cruise day, get on the ship. Then let Carnival deal with the fall out. *shrug shoulders*...."I paid for it, here is the proof....I know nothing about taking upgrade, they must have called the wrong number!" If your wife is good at acting, have her break out into tears, saying that it was a special occasion, etc.

Melanie

Before I try to call Carnival, I would arm myself. Go book a fake cruise to see what rooms are available, maybe another extended Balcony on the other side of the ship.

See if you can go in your 'history' on your internet, choose a day that you had checked and you were paid in full, print that out.

If so, print out your boarding pass, and on the cruise day, get on the ship. Then let Carnival deal with the fall out. *shrug shoulders*...."I paid for it, here is the proof....I know nothing about taking upgrade, they must have called the wrong number!" If your wife is good at acting, have her break out into tears, saying that it was a special occasion, etc.

Melanie

OHHHHHH... Man. You are GOOD!!!!

A little scary you are so Machiavellian ( and I mean that in the best way possible ; -)

but really, I mean really gooood.

Almost too bad the Cowabunga wife kicked ass and took no prisoners and sorted the issue out ; -)

Thats just the beginning in threads like this, it often gets more bizarre and sadly at times worse.

Glad everything worked out for you.

Thing is, I love my wife, love everythign about her. But I would shoot myself before I would face her in court. She takes her job seriously and does it well.

The idea of getting relationship advice from some random 'user' on a discussino forum seems a tad outlandish.

Melanie

That's kind of what she did, got help from the firm's office manager who has done half a bazillion cruises on carnival and really knows her way around their website. It still feels like they basically forced us into an upgrade, but that's fine. The main thing is that we're able to sit outside comfortably. She can be a bit claustrophobic so being able to step outside and see the sky is a very good thing.

That's exactly what the DW got. It seems the office manager at her firm is a Carnival Platinum member or some such a thing, and she found a cabin (U98) with a large balcony. They wouldn't upgrade for free but we were originally willing to pay the upgrade so I told her to go for it.

when we re-booked our excursion it ended up costing more though, I'm mildly miffed about that, but I'm too tired to argue any more.

I'm glad it all worked out. It sounds like you got a great upgrade in the end! I truly hope you go and have a great time!!

Maggie

Uh, actually no. You might want to re-read what I actually posted. I was interested in the upgrade at the lower price, but I didn't want to cancel when they raised the price, I wanted to stay with the cabin I originally booked. And I told them that. Instead, they proceeded to process the upgrade. But they did not bill me for it or even notify me that I had been billed. They just cancelled my entire booking when I didn't pay for the upgrade that I didn't agree to. Along with my shore excursion and chef's table as well.

Edited:

I see your issue has been resolved.

I hope you have a great cruise :)

:eek:

OR. .. you go could just go with someone a bit more fun and less controlling. Why are you allowing her to ruin the vacation that YOU need too?!

I think he was lookin' for an invite Elvis, (not your real name)

People that just throw random advice out there about marriage, need to first look at thier own marriage. (of course this only applies in certain states, if you get my drift). :confused:

I have been married, to a woman, for 32 years and what I go through, she goes through and vice a versa. A vacation is NOT from each other...

I'm just sayin'...

Enjoy your vacation with your wife - :)

Thats just the beginning in threads like this, it often gets more bizarre and sadly at times worse.

Glad everything worked out for you.

Man ain't that the truth. So many threads turn ugly on here. People just can not answer a simple question any more.:rolleyes:

:eek:

I think he was lookin' for an invite Elvis, (not your real name)

People that just throw random advice out there about marriage, need to first look at thier own marriage. (of course this only applies in certain states, if you get my drift). :confused:

I have been married, to a woman, for 32 years and what I go through, she goes through and vice a versa. A vacation is NOT from each other...

I'm just sayin'...

Enjoy your vacation with your wife - :)

We've only been married about two years, together for about 8 and we still make our friends a little sick with how well we get along. The phrase "John and Yoko" has been bandied about from time to time, I consider that a compliment. Not everyone means it that way.

But we do have way more fun than normal people. :cool::D

Man ain't that the truth. So many threads turn ugly on here. People just can not answer a simple question any more.:rolleyes:

Once the internet got away from military and academic use this has been the norm. It takes all kinds.

I do tend toward moderated forums these days, I gave up on usenet a few years back, but once upon a time it was actually a pretty good place to, you know, learn stuff. :eek:

I just read all your posts only on this thread and it sounds like you and your wife would be great to cruise with. I do all the booking - hubby just tells me find it or book it :D... There are times to be nice and times not to. Glad it worked out for you. We've had problems before sailing too but you will have a great time on board so I'm glad you are going. One thing if you don't know yet you can call Bon Voyage (carnival's bon voyage department) and ask for bottles of liquor. They are not on the website. Don't know if you would want too but it is nice to have in your cabin on your balcony so you don't have to keep getting it at the bar. Have a great time!!!! :) Debbie

I definately agree with you, especially since we are talking about the Ecstasy. She's nice but definately not shiny & new!

Bite your tongue! I loved my cruise on the ecstasy.

OP, if you go I'm sure you and your wife would have an amazing time. The staff and the ship were great. If you're curious about the ship I invite you to read my review in my signature!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I'm going to have fun no matter what else happens. In fact, I plan on pre-gaming starting tonight just to be sure I'm in the right frame of mind.

We're having vodka marinated salmon for dinner, here's my recipe:

Cook some salmon

Eat the salmon

Add vodka and marinate.

I like you. :D

There certainly are worse things that could happen. I am determined to give cruising a try, I've wanted to do it for years. But I'm also determined not to disappoint my wife and/or not get what I pay for.

Funny thing, now that she's talking to people in Miami (not to the call center in south nowhere) they CAN see the 348 offer that the customer service people I spoke with couldn't find. And they can't find any indication that I ever agreed to the upgrade. But they do see that soemone put it through. (Let's go to the tape folks, not for nothing call centers record these interactions) They're falling all over themselves to apologize, let's see what they can do now.

I just want to meet the CEO...

"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d**kless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s**t he is! Hallelujah! Holy s**t! Where's the Tylenol?"

I feel better now... thanks Clark.

Too funny. My DH has this snippet on his desktop at work and plays it whenever he has a bad day at work.

Bite your tongue! I loved my cruise on the ecstasy.

OP, if you go I'm sure you and your wife would have an amazing time. The staff and the ship were great. If you're curious about the ship I invite you to read my review in my signature!

Tricia,

I read your review last week and loved it. I had heard a lot of opinions both good and bad regarding the Ecstasy but you did such a wonderful job with the photos and desciptions that I'm taking your word for it and expecting to have a great time. I just added another excursion so we have something to do in both Nassau (private island) and Freeport (sailing ship tour around the island) in the morning and have the afternoons free to do whatever comes our way. (Probably something involving frozen drinks, at least that's the way I imagine it. :rolleyes: )

The anticipation is really starting to take over my brain.

Tricia,

I read your review last week and loved it. I had heard a lot of opinions both good and bad regarding the Ecstasy but you did such a wonderful job with the photos and desciptions that I'm taking your word for it and expecting to have a great time. I just added another excursion so we have something to do in both Nassau (private island) and Freeport (sailing ship tour around the island) in the morning and have the afternoons free to do whatever comes our way. (Probably something involving frozen drinks, at least that's the way I imagine it. :rolleyes: )

The anticipation is really starting to take over my brain.

I'm jealous. You only have 9 days. My wait is far over two hundred days!!! I hope you write a review! I can't wait to hear how much of a good time you guys had despite the rocky start!

Have fun in Florida. The weather is absolutely gorgeous lately!

I just read all your posts only on this thread and it sounds like you and your wife would be great to cruise with. I do all the booking - hubby just tells me find it or book it :D... There are times to be nice and times not to. Glad it worked out for you. We've had problems before sailing too but you will have a great time on board so I'm glad you are going. One thing if you don't know yet you can call Bon Voyage (carnival's bon voyage department) and ask for bottles of liquor. They are not on the website. Don't know if you would want too but it is nice to have in your cabin on your balcony so you don't have to keep getting it at the bar. Have a great time!!!! :) Debbie

We have the opposite arrangement, she picked the place and I make the plans. Actually, her specification for this trip was that she wanted to see Key West and DID NOT want to go to Mexico. Hence the Ecstasy 5 day. Works out perfectly because she's never been to Key West and I've never been to the Bahamas. Cruising is new to both of us, so we have something for everyone.

We had considered getting a bottle of rum or tequila for the room but without my margarita machine (or at least a powerful blender) I can't make the sorts of drinks I'll be looking for on a cruise. I never went in for 'Boat Drinks' as a younger man, but a few trips to New Orleans and Las Vegas have convinced me that there is a time and a place for everything, booze wise anyway.

I'm still considering a bottle of Jack Daniels because a glass and some ice is really easy to mix up.

We are bringing two bottles of Moet though, one to drink to the lost from the Titanic on April 15 and another to drink to a friend who passed away last week.

I'm jealous. You only have 9 days. My wait is far over two hundred days!!! I hope you write a review! I can't wait to hear how much of a good time you guys had despite the rocky start!

Have fun in Florida. The weather is absolutely gorgeous lately!

I am very much looking forward to being back in Florida, used to spend a lot of time down there but life goes on, things change and it's been seven years since my last visit. We're staying a few extra days so I can show my wife some of my favorite places and to visit Harry Potter world because it looks like a hoot and we're both burned out on Disney.

I am very much looking forward to being back in Florida, used to spend a lot of time down there but life goes on, things change and it's been seven years since my last visit. We're staying a few extra days so I can show my wife some of my favorite places and to visit Harry Potter world because it looks like a hoot and we're both burned out on Disney.

Aaaah! I think I just turned green! I have yet to be to Universal for Harry Potter and it's only 1/2 hour away. Now you have to write a review and include lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you :)

Several years ago we had booked a balcony cabin on the Carnival Legend. When we checked in at Fort Lauderdale we were informed that we had been "upgraded" to a cabin, in the rear section of the ship, The cabin was odd shaped and directly below the pool area. To us the cabin was much less desirable. At no time did Carnival try to contact us before the cruise with this "upgrade", in fact our luggage tags indicated that we were booked into the cabin we had originally requested. Obviviously this was a major mistake and miscommunication on the part of Carnival.

When we refused the "upgrade" the Carnival representatives became very nasty and belligerent. I offered to accept an upgarde to a suite, but the Carnival agent stated that in no way would Carnival upgrade us to that level.

We refused to accept Carnival's "upgrade" and after a hour of threats Carnival finally backed down and gave us our original cabin back.

We are Platinum Level cruisers and the experience did much to spoil the cruise. I am sure that there are many stories about fantastic upgrades and upsells by Carnival, but I would strongly suggest that one thoroguhly check before they accept any upgrades, and make sure that all your documents are in order before you head out to the port. If Carnival presents you with an offer that seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

Archived