Ecstasy? More like misery.

Are you kidding me - worried about being in U-98? It is a Suite with an Extended balcony! Nothing above and below it but passenger cabins. We sailed in U-93 and found it a perfect location and the balcony is about triple that of a regular cabin, plus the cabin is twice the size and the storage space and bathrooms with tubs are great. We actually sailed in E241 on the Ecstasy in May 2011 and while we enjoyed the aft balcony we were miserable in the tiny cabin and missed the big bathrooms of the suites. Back to the suites on our upcoming Triumph cruise. We actually pay the going rate for the suite as we have NEVER in 29 Carnival cruises been offered an upgrade to anything.

Are you kidding me - worried about being in U-98? It is a Suite with an Extended balcony! Nothing above and below it but passenger cabins. We sailed in U-93 and found it a perfect location and the balcony is about triple that of a regular cabin, plus the cabin is twice the size and the storage space and bathrooms with tubs are great. We actually sailed in E241 on the Ecstasy in May 2011 and while we enjoyed the aft balcony we were miserable in the tiny cabin and missed the big bathrooms of the suites. Back to the suites on our upcoming Triumph cruise. We actually pay the going rate for the suite as we have NEVER in 29 Carnival cruises been offered an upgrade to anything.

I'm not sure what this is in response to, but I agree U98 looks to be a perfect location. But the initial 'upgrade' offer (after they cancelled our cruise completely and gave away the cabin we reserved) was for the Empress deck near the Guest Services Desk, 'art gallery' and the atrium.

We had to pay to upgrade to U98, but that's fine. It looks like a great cabin.

Thing is, I love my wife, love everythign about her. But I would shoot myself before I would face her in court. She takes her job seriously and does it well.

The idea of getting relationship advice from some random 'user' on a discussino forum seems a tad outlandish.

And that wasn't relationship advice. It was merely a question as to why you were letting your wife make the decision that cruising wasn't for you after all and that you would need to just cancel the cruise .. when clearly you still wanted to go.

I would sleep in a broom closet if I had to, lol. The only time we were in our room was to sleep, shower or change clothes. The cabin is just a smaller version of a hotel room. The real fun (or most of it) is outside the cabin.

Glad it all worked out for you too. I think you will be very very happy with the suite. We've had U115 (and the connecting OV room for the my DD and her son/our grandson) and loved it...and you have the extended balcony to boot. And you are bringing back the Fun Times for me (earlier post) and I can't wait to hear all about it in your review. Have fun!!

I'm glad everything worked out for you! We've been in one of the suites without the extended balcony, and we had plenty of room. Have fun!

Off topic slightly--We have been on Ecstasy 3 times. If you decide to go, and I hope you do, take some bottled water with you. Unlike other ships we have been on, the water on board is NOT tasty. Don't know why, but it was awful.

I totally agree...I thought the water on the Ecstasy had a very strange (unpleasant) taste and odor.:( It was so strong that I could even taste it in the coffee. We thought it might have had something to do with the desalination equipment and the age of the ship. Whatever the reason, it was awful.

If it were me, I would demand to speak with a supervisor about the situation. I would make them bump whoever is now in U241 into your current cabin so you can go back to your original cabin - because it was their customer service agents who messed up, not you. It's not like you accepted the upgrade and then had buyers remorse and wanted your original cabin back. Either that or they need to honor your original upsell price to the suite. I wouldn't accept a $40 OBC either for the hassle.

Well said!

So glad to hear your issue was resolved. I think you are both in for a great time. Consider writing a review with lots of pictures. Ill be on her come August. Sounds like you both would be cool people to meet up with.

For our upcoming cruise - 4 days!!!! - I learned the hard way NOT to book with a TA. I chose not to go ES because I knew my DD's friend could possibly be joining us and that would lead to a shuffle in cabins but I went ahead and booked 2 cabins one for 3 of us and one for 2 for my folks. The cabins were next to each other deck 7. Well friend does decide to go and we book another cabin and remove DD from ours - Carnival decides to now move everyone but dear old dad to another deck completely and half a ship away. TA has the original cabin and a cabin nearby on the booking sheet. I decide it's time to add our booking onto Manage My Cruise on Carnival's site and discover that our cabins are NOT what I had booked. Called the TA and found out the listed cabins are now gone, so they gave me a list of what was available on deck 7. I about had a fit because now I couldn't put the kids cabin near mine or my fathers, and the TA did not seem to care, sticking to this is all that is available. I called Carnival and explained the situation and they said there was little they could do EXCEPT remind the TA that a minors cabin had to be within a certain number of cabins of a responsible adult. I finally got us all on the same floor, and after handling this without losing my cool I got them to give me an upgrade for a great price so I was now directly across from the kids. 3 price drops later I am well overpaying for 2 of the cabins and TA would not go to bat - booking with Carnival would have been the way to go.

For our upcoming cruise - 4 days!!!! - I learned the hard way NOT to book with a TA. I chose not to go ES because I knew my DD's friend could possibly be joining us and that would lead to a shuffle in cabins but I went ahead and booked 2 cabins one for 3 of us and one for 2 for my folks. The cabins were next to each other deck 7. Well friend does decide to go and we book another cabin and remove DD from ours - Carnival decides to now move everyone but dear old dad to another deck completely and half a ship away. TA has the original cabin and a cabin nearby on the booking sheet. I decide it's time to add our booking onto Manage My Cruise on Carnival's site and discover that our cabins are NOT what I had booked. Called the TA and found out the listed cabins are now gone, so they gave me a list of what was available on deck 7. I about had a fit because now I couldn't put the kids cabin near mine or my fathers, and the TA did not seem to care, sticking to this is all that is available. I called Carnival and explained the situation and they said there was little they could do EXCEPT remind the TA that a minors cabin had to be within a certain number of cabins of a responsible adult. I finally got us all on the same floor, and after handling this without losing my cool I got them to give me an upgrade for a great price so I was now directly across from the kids. 3 price drops later I am well overpaying for 2 of the cabins and TA would not go to bat - booking with Carnival would have been the way to go.

I'm sorry you had this situation with your TA, but I just had a similar situation with Celebrity and I am a TA. I booked a client on a b-2-b on the Summit and confirmed they were in the same cabin for both legs of the journey. When I got the confirmation from Celebrity (several hours later), I found she had mistakenly put them in a different cabin for the second leg of the cruise. By the time I called back, the cabin I had requested was gone and we had to search for a new cabin, which ended up being in a less desireable location. Moral of the story, everyone makes mistakes - travel agents and reservation agents. You are not immune by going directly with the cruise line.

About your price drops - if they were after final payment, there is nothing ANYONE can do about it. That is why they have the ES rate, which you didn't book under.

I'm sorry your not happy with your booking experience to date, but please don't assume that it wouldn't happen with a cruiseline PVP or that all TAs are the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I will post more later, but we just finished the cruise and it was everything I hoped for and more! The staff (except the security people when you're getting back on in port) were amazing, the food was very good, chef's table was fantastic, our MDR dining companions were so much fun we were always the last to leave. The cabin and balcony may have spoiled us forever.

All is well that end ends well I suppose. Watch for a full review as soon as get to my computer.

I will post more later, but we just finished the cruise and it was everything I hoped for and more! The staff (except the security people when you're getting back on in port) were amazing, the food was very good, chef's table was fantastic, our MDR dining companions were so much fun we were always the last to leave. The cabin and balcony may have spoiled us forever.

All is well that end ends well I suppose. Watch for a full review as soon as get to my computer.

I am so glad you had a nice time!

Archived